Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps following unknown playlists

Solved!

Spotify keeps following unknown playlists

Plan

Premium (free trial)

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello!

I just recently saw this happen, and it started yesterday. For some reason, spotify is adding unknown playlists to my library. I have never heard of the playlists and after looking through the songs I wouldn't listen to them either.

The way it happens is that I will go to boot up spotify from the taskbar, and after a few seconds of waiting a new playlist will happen to be followed. I have not been able to recreate it actively yet (I have tried to induce this problem to provide further info) but it seems to only work once a day.

The playlist name that happened to be followed today is called "Road Trip Songs to Sing" by Emma Jackson. This profile also created the playlist from yesterday (when I first encountered this) which was "Ultimate Driving Songs". I have also included a screenshot of the said playlist and profile in question (for personal reasons my profile, profile of friends and other info that I don't want shared has been covered).

I can see this problem becoming annoying quickly if I don't find a fix for it so any help is appreciated.

EditedScreenshot.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

It's possible that someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

It's possible that someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for the quick response!

I will see if this helps, and I will probably update tomorrow or as soon as I see the problem reoccuring. Should I close the question in the meantime and open a new one if it happens again or just leave this thread open?

It's always best to stay in the same thread. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts