Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify loses connection after waking computer from sleep

Spotify loses connection after waking computer from sleep

Looks like there is a bug in version 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78. Frequently, Spotify fails to reconnect with the internet after I wake my computer from sleep (Windows 10).

Repro steps:

• Open Spotify and play music
  • Shut or "lock" laptop
  • Open and/or log back into laptop
  • BUG - Spotify says: Can't play song and no music is heard, even though I have internet connection, other apps are working, and the song progress bar is moving

Solutions

• Advancing the song, choosing other playlists, or hitting pause/play does not resolve the issue
  • Spotify must be closed and restarted in order to resolve the issue
10 Replies

Hi,

I got the same probkem since a few days. Worked perfect before. Any other solutions, than closing the app?

Regards,

Stephan

Same problem here. Odd.

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

This sounds like a case where some of the apps files have gotten corrupted and are causing these connectivity issues. No worries, this can usually be remedied by performing a clean reinstall, so that all the necessary app data gets built anew from the ground up. To do this follow the steps here.

If that doesn't fix things, it's a good idea to also have a look at your hosts file for Spotify entries. This page explains how you can do the check. 

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

For me, it is an audio device problem - if Spotify tries to request an output device that is busy (some other application could have gotten exclusive access to it) it says it has no internet connection (like: huh?).

This might not be a problem that occurs often for most people, but I use some tools that do capture audio devices this way.

While a complete reinstall would more than likely fix it, this issue is STILL happening 4 years later

ALOT of people pay for Spotify premium, and when an issue like this pops up, we expect you to fix it pretty quickly

You said it could be an output device issue. How do you find it out ? And how did you fixed it ?

I'm using multiple virtual audio device and forcing windows to output on a specific audio device..

I'm having this issue on both the desktop and mobile versions of the app. It's inconsistent and sometimes will be fine, but most of the time it refuses to connect and I can't load any playlists or other pages. Only restarting the app works on desktop, but on mobile, I have to switch to offline mode and back again. Quite a pain to have to do every time, and it's only started happening fairly recently.

I can't how a multi-billion dollar company still hasn't fixed this issue YEARS later, it's super annoying for me to be obliged to close and reopen the app for it to connect to the internet again. Quite a simple issue to fix yet no engineer in spotify seems to care...

For me this problem manifests as being unable to load specific releases, but playlists load just fine, and I am still able to listen to music. Closing and restarting the desktop application seems to fix it for me, but it's a frustration point and disruption to my browsing to lose navigation history and have the main view default back to the homepage.

Oh wow, this issue is 6 years old now 😕 not very auspicious. I'm experiencing the same problem. Using Spotify on Linux, resuming from sleep, search and navigation don't work. Playback sometimes does.

Suggested posts