Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing music at all

Solved!

Spotify not playing music at all

Plan

Premium for family (roommates in this case)

Country

Czech republic

Device

A desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro (1809 update)

Version of Spotify

1.1.2.285.ga97985ef

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone,

I've been having problems with Spotify on my computer for almost a month now and I'm kind of desperate now, because I couldn't find a solution yet.

When I log in to Spotify for destop (I tried installing it from both MS Store and directly from Spotify) I can't see any albums in my library and all playlist are empty.

You can see that yourself below:

Spotify 20. 3. 2019 19_52_34.pngSpotify 20. 3. 2019 19_53_21.png

If I search for an album and choose a song to play, it doesn't. Just a black square with a cd disc appears where an album cover would be:

Spotify 20. 3. 2019 19_56_24.png

As I mentioned before, reinstalling Spotify didn't help, as well as deleting cache. At that point I thought that there's probably some incompatibility issue with the app and my computer. But when I tried playing songs using web browser I was also unable to play any, even though I can see albums in my library now.

I would think that there's a problem with my subscription, but I can still listen to music on any other device (mobile phone, TV, and a notebook with Linux).

None of my roommates who have the same subscription has any problems.

If you have any idea, what it might be caused by, please let me know. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ondrej-mahdalik! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Please be aware that this issue is already under investigation.

Be sure to check this ongoing issues thread to get more details about it. You can also try this in the meantime to see if that helps:

• Log out > Restart desktop > Log back in
  • Reinstall app from the website/from Windows Store (depending on device).

After that, remove all lines from their hosts file that are blocking Spotify.

1. If you're on Windows:
    1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
    2. Go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
    3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
    4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
    5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
    6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
    7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ondrej-mahdalik! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Please be aware that this issue is already under investigation.

Be sure to check this ongoing issues thread to get more details about it. You can also try this in the meantime to see if that helps:

• Log out > Restart desktop > Log back in
  • Reinstall app from the website/from Windows Store (depending on device).

After that, remove all lines from their hosts file that are blocking Spotify.

1. If you're on Windows:
    1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
    2. Go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
    3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
    4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
    5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
    6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
    7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Thanks for the steps. I didn't notice that there is already another case with the same problem. Nevertheless the solution worked for me just fine.

@ondrej-mahdalik 

You're welcome! ^^

Peace

Muchas, Muchas gracias 

Estuve casi un mes intentando arreglar esto, pero muchas gracias

Realmente no fue necesario reiniciar la pc pero Si Cerre sesion y cerre spotify y luego elimine todos los puntos por ejemplo: 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com.
Despues de eso inicie sesion y finalmente ya puedo escuchar spotify desde casi 1 mes que me salio este fallo.

Lo que marque con azul, Si les aparece eso borrenlo por si no entiendieron muy bien Gracias.

Atte: Sergio            

Mexico.

Dios.png

Suggested posts