Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not showing any songs

Solved!

Spotify not showing any songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Operating System

Windows 8

My Question or Issue

My spotify computer app won't show or play any song not just in my music library, but everything in general. (The only song in my library is something from local files, but it won't play either.) I tried reinstalling, allowing spotify specifically in my firewall, but nothing has helped. I am kind of desperate now beacause spotify web player doesn't work for me either and I can listen to spotify only on my mobile device which is kind of sad given that I am paying for premium. I would be grateful for any help. By the way, the "See what your friends are playing" feature doesn't work either.

wtf spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Alright, so I found a fix:

Credit goes to @Mantisentil

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I am having the same problem, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it has not fixed it.

Marked as solution

Alright, so I found a fix:

Credit goes to @Mantisentil

This a known bug with the desktop app and Spotify is investigating the issue. There is a workaround which seems to be working for some users. Can you try the following steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope this helps.

It works! Thanks alot. I am really happy i can fully use my spotify again

Suggested posts