Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify won't open. I double click the desktop app and it does nothing.

I installed Spotify and it won't open. It doesn't show up in the task manager either (not for a second). When I double click it the only thing that happens is my mouse cursor goes "loading" for a split second. I tried changing compatibility mode, run...

• Casual Listener
  • I installed Spotify and it won't open. It doesn't show up in the task manager either (not for a second). When I double click it the only thing that happens is my mouse cursor goes "loading" for a spl...
  • backdown1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify wont scrobble downloaded songs to Last.FM anymore and they dont show up as my Discord status

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAs said in the title, for probably a week now Spotify hasn't been scrobbling downloaded songs to Last.FM and downloaded songs don't show up as my Discord status anymo...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue As said in the title, for probably a week now Spotify hasn't been scrobbling downloaded so...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Album Artwork?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceDell DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Intel Core i7 My Question or IssueI recently have been using a desktop for my spotify use as my laptop is currently unusable, however I've noticed I haven't been able to upl...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device Dell Desktop Operating System Windows 10 Intel Core i7   My Question or Issue I recently have been using a desktop for my spotify use ...
  • joyfullyabigail
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify adding songs from another playlist to another playlist without me doing anything

The issue is very simple;I have a main playlist that I often listen to. I update it semi-frequently, but in the last couple months, I've noticed a strange error that is kind of frustrating to deal with. Firstly, I'll be listening to a completely diff...

• Visitor
  • The issue is very simple; I have a main playlist that I often listen to. I update it semi-frequently, but in the last couple months, I've noticed a strange error that is kind of frustrating to deal ...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No music will play on Spotify

My Question or IssueHi, I have Spotify Premium on a Lenovo laptop. When I started Spotify, the app, this morning and tried to click on a song, immediately came "Spotify can not play this song." I thought it was my internet but it was not and I've tri...

• Casual Listener
  •    My Question or Issue Hi, I have Spotify Premium on a Lenovo laptop. When I started Spotify, the app, this morning and tried to click on a song, immediately came "Spotify can not play t...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Added to playlists and Spotify for artist ain't showing the playlists

Hello guys,Recently I released my song called "Unbreak" by Tâylör. I've been getting emails that am added to 4 playlists already but the issue is, even after being verified and stuff I log in to Spotify for artists and the playlists segment is empty.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello guys, Recently I released my song called "Unbreak" by Tâylör. I've been getting emails that am added to 4 playlists already but the issue is, even after being verified and stuff I log in to Sp...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ain't showing
    music
    Spotify
    Unbreak
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

repeat and shuffle buttons disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicehpOperating SystemWindows My Question or Issue The shuffle and repeat buttons disappeared

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device hp Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue  The shuffle and repeat buttons disappeared
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

adds to loud

PlanFreeCountry HereDevicePC / MobilePhoneOperating SystemWindows 10/ Fedora / Android 9 My Question or Issue Add are way to loud compared to the music volume this needs to be fixed (no turning down the volume for adds is not a solution)

• Plan Free Country  Here Device PC / MobilePhone Operating System Windows 10/ Fedora / Android 9   My Question or Issue  Add are way to loud compared to the music volume this ...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

List Radio is Infinite but Song Radio is Not?

I just noticed that Rooting a radio station from a List gives infinite songs in that radio station, but rooting a radio station form a single song gives you a finite list. I tried on multiple songs and restarted my device, still one is infinite and t...

• Roadie
  • I just noticed that Rooting a radio station from a List gives infinite songs in that radio station, but rooting a radio station form a single song gives you a finite list. I tried on multiple songs a...
  • scuzzy1517
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Radio
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify just stops playing.

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGL62M 7RD | MSI LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI used to not have this problem but I have no idea what's causing it. Whenever I have Spotify playing and I launch a game that's set to full...

• Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device GL62M 7RD | MSI Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I used to not have this problem but I have no idea what's causing it....
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify won't start at all Win 7

PlanPremiumCountry NorwayDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 The issue started when i tried updating spotify manual because it always started with the same song which i didn't listen to when i close the application. I had V 1.0.94 (something like that)...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Norway Device PC Operating System Windows 7   The issue started when i tried updating spotify manual because it always started with the same song whic...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

[Playlist] Artist/albumtitle wrong way around when making playlist

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When creating a playlist for an album, on PC album name comes first, and then artist name second. On mobile, it's artist first, title second. This makes more sense to me; I wa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When creating a playlist for an album, on PC album name comes first, and then artist name...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify silent and not showing up in Audio Manager

PlanFreeCountry SwedenDeviceDesktop PC with Realtek Hd Audio ManagerOperating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue A few days ago Spotify went silent on my computer. Everything looks fine but no sound. Every other sound source like YouTube or Winam...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Sweden Device Desktop PC with Realtek Hd Audio Manager Operating System   Windows 10   My Question or Issue  A few days ago Spotify went silent on my...
  • kaithu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema com Spotify en Windows 8

PlanPremiumCountry ArgentinaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8 My Question or Issue Buenos días, dede hace unos días vengo con un problema con el espotify que tenía instalado en mi PC, me decía que había una actualización pero no la podía instalar, pe...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  Argentina Device PC Operating System Windows 8    My Question or Issue  Buenos días, dede hace unos días vengo con un problema con el espotify que ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't Search Downloaded Songs on Spotify for Windows (Desktop & UWP App) When Offline Mode Activated

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceLaptop Lenovo CPU AMD E-350, RAM 4 GBOperating SystemWindows 10 64 bit version 1803 build 17134.523 My Question or Issue Is it possible to search downloaded songs in Spotify for Windows (Desktop or UWP App) when Offli...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Laptop Lenovo CPU AMD E-350, RAM 4 GB Operating System Windows 10 64 bit version 1803 build 17134.523   My Question or Issue   Is it possibl...
  • m_ariefhidayat
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify could not start (error code: 1305)

PlanFamily Premium Country Indonesia Device(Laptop/computer) Operating System(Windows 10 My Question or IssueHow to fix this error? The dialogue doesn't give any other explanation other than error code: 1305

• Plan Family Premium   Country  Indonesia   Device (Laptop/computer)   Operating System (Windows 10   My Question or Issue How to fix this error? The dialogue doe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working

PlanFreeCountryRomania DevicePCWindows 10 My Question or Issue It doesn't play any playlist and it says that "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I tried to reinstall it, restarted my pc and i ...

• Plan Free Country Romania   Device PC Windows 10   My Question or Issue  It doesn't play any playlist and it says that "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the fil...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify on Desktop not connecting to other devices

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceDell XPS 15, Galaxy S8Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Recently Spotify on my laptop stopped connecting to my other devices, meaning I can't control music from my phone. It also stopped showing up as a...

• Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Dell XPS 15, Galaxy S8 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Recently Spotify on my laptop stopped connecting to my other...
  • Neonis
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

64Bit version for Windows Desktops

Title, Seriously. If you can make a 64 bit Mac version you can make one for Windows. I'm tired of having an app that dies after 4 seconds of inactivity. I'm sick of having an app that crashes constantly without any information. This is 2019, a larger...

• Title, Seriously. If you can make a 64 bit Mac version you can make one for Windows. I'm tired of having an app that dies after 4 seconds of inactivity. I'm sick of having an app that crashes constan...
  • 0 replies
  • 74 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 74 likes

Artist & Song Radio "Follow" removal

Spotify Premium, Web Player, iOS and AndroidI have recently found that the "FOLLOW" feature has been removed for both Artist Radio and Song Radio functions. I was actually showing a friend your neat features compared to your competitors, and to my ut...

• Regular
  • Spotify Premium, Web Player, iOS and Android I have recently found that the "FOLLOW" feature has been removed for both Artist Radio and Song Radio functions. I was actually showing a friend your n...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Artist Radio
    follow
    song radio
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes