Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify crashes on launch

PlanPremiumCountryUS DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 64-Bit My Question or Issue I have freshly wiped my computer of all files in attempt to solve this issue myself beforehand. Spotify upon launching, opens the window for a split moment long enoug...

• Plan Premium Country US   Device PC Operating System Windows 10 64-Bit   My Question or Issue  I have freshly wiped my computer of all files in attempt to solve this issue m...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Spotify can not install

PlanPremiumCountry Taiwan DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue When I run the SpotifySetup to install,always jump outerror massage"runtime ERROR'I clean the spotifly's data in the AppData and re-install again still no workingHow do ...

擷取.JPG
  • Plan Premium Country  Taiwan   Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue  When I run the SpotifySetup to install,always jump out error massage"runtim...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify name is showing a punch of random numbers and letters and can't connect devices together

suddenly my spotify name changed and i dont get the lists i save via my android phone and vice versa it's like 2 different accounts

•    suddenly my spotify name changed and i dont get the lists i save via my android phone and vice versa it's like 2 different accounts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unstable Framerate within app when Spotify is Active window

Hello all, I am posting this question here to see if anyone else has a fix or is experiencing a simalar issue to what I am. As I am racked on what to do. Awhile back while using spotify I noticed that my computers framrate would drop significantly an...

• Hello all, I am posting this question here to see if anyone else has a fix or is experiencing a simalar issue to what I am.  As I am racked on what to do.   Awhile back while using s...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Volume

When i turn down the volume with the shortcuts key the volume of my pc turn down. I want to turn down only spotify's volume

• Regular
  •     When i turn down the volume with the shortcuts key the volume of my pc turn down. I want to turn down only spotify's volume  
  • DvZaba
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

FiiO K3 amp causes playback error (But a workaround is possible)

PlanFree/PremiumCountry: SingaporeDeviceWindows 10 Desktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 pro 64 bit My Question or Issue I was browsing through this community regarding of this error that I faced, "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the fi...

Fiiok3.JPG soundcard.JPG
  • Plan Free/Premium Country:  Singapore Device Windows 10 Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 pro 64 bit   My Question or Issue  I was browsing through this community r...
  • ripzmusic
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file..."

Please help! I added a folder with local files to play on spotify, it gives me the error message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." when I try to play any song from the just added local files...

N5Vv8jN.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Please help! I added a folder with local files to play on spotify, it gives me the error message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." whe...
  • mako24
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify starts playing music on its own.

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceLenovo Ideapad 100SOperating SystemWindows 10 x64 Lately Spotify started to act up, it starts playing completly on it's own, yesterday was the first time it occured, during the time I was playing a game it popped on...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Lenovo Ideapad 100S Operating System Windows 10 x64   Lately Spotify started to act up, it starts playing completly on it's own, yesterday was th...
  • 0 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 16 likes

Playlist playback goes to first song

PlanPremiumCountryCanada Device(Samsung Galaxy 9, Lenovo tablet, Intel Desktop, Denon AVR-x3100)Operating System(Android Oreo, Windows 10) My Question or Issue In the middle of playing a playlist over Spotify Connect or just on Windows, Spotify reset...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada  Device (Samsung Galaxy 9, Lenovo tablet, Intel Desktop, Denon AVR-x3100) Operating System (Android Oreo, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

cant install spotify on windows 7

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us tso try and help.PlanpremiumCountry israelDevicepcOperating Systemwindows 7 64 bit My Question or Issue hey y'allbeen having trouble with upadting s...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us tso try and help. Plan premium Country  israel Device pc Operating System windows 7 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

503 Service Unavailable

I am having security issues with my account as im listening to spotify on my windows Desktop through the app someone keeps changing it to web player and changing the music....So i headed to the spotify.com website to change my passwords etc The websi...

• I am having security issues with my account as im listening to spotify on my windows Desktop  through the app someone keeps changing it to web player and changing the music....So i headed to the...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Song not in playlist keeps playing

Plan: PremiumCountry: Australia Operating System: Windows 10 My Question or Issue Recently I Like It by Cardi B keeps playing at least once a day despite it not being one of my saved songs, in my playlists, or in queue - usually its the song after I ...

• Plan: Premium Country: Australia   Operating System: Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Recently I Like It by Cardi B keeps playing at least once a day despite it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Crossfade issue

PlanPremiumCountry HUDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Issue is:Hello All, I'm having an issue regarding the crossfade function again!It works perfectly on my Iphone 8 (Gapeless Playback - turned of)However on my PC it isn't working.

• Plan Premium Country  HU Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Issue is: Hello All,   I'm having an issue regarding the crossfade function again! It works perfectly o...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Web Player Offline

My web player says that it's offline and I can't play any songs on it. It looks like this: http://prntscr.com/m12rnyIt plays fine on my phone but I can't figure out how to get it to work on my browser

• My web player says that it's offline and I can't play any songs on it. It looks like this: http://prntscr.com/m12rny It plays fine on my phone but I can't figure out how to get it to work on my...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify freezes - HELP!

Plan - FreeCoutry USADevice - Desktop/Windows 10 My Question or IssueDescriptionPlays a song or two then freezes, normally on the web app this is where an ad plays Did a reinstall help?No Has anything else helped at all? If I kill all servcies and re...

• Plan - Free Coutry USA Device - Desktop/Windows 10   My Question or Issue Description Plays a song or two then freezes, normally on the web app this is where an ad plays   Did a rei...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queing albums

PlanPremiumCountry The NetherlandsDevice(iPhone 8, iPad Air 2, PC)Operating System(iOS 12.x, Windows 10) My Question or Issue Good day,I was wondering if it is possible to que entire albums. If I was to have an evening of music and I don't want to ma...

• Plan Premium Country  The Netherlands Device (iPhone 8, iPad Air 2, PC) Operating System (iOS 12.x, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  Good day, I was wondering if it is ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hi Res Audio on local files

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDeviceWindows desktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Is it possible to add my local Hi Res 24 bit lossless files to the desktop spotify player without it losing its Hi Res quality, or does it get downsamp...

• Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device Windows desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Is it possible to add my local Hi Res 24 bit lossless files to th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify switching to Web Player?

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone X, PCOperating SystemUp to date iPhone X, Windows 10 My Question or Issue I will be listening to Spotify and it'll randomly switch over to Web Player like someone is logged in on my account. I looked this iss...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  United States Device iPhone X, PC Operating System Up to date iPhone X, Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I will be listening to Spotify and it'll ra...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify opening on start up despire turning option off

Ive just downloaded Spotify for my new laptop, Acer Aspire 3 running windows 10. Im a premium member if it matters at all.Ive gone into Advanced options and selected NO for Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer.There us also no o...

• Ive just downloaded Spotify for my new laptop, Acer Aspire 3 running windows 10. Im a premium member if it matters at all. Ive gone into Advanced options and selected NO for Open Spotify automa...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Skipping songs

PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDeviceLenovoOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I hit the play button the songs are skipping and none of it playing. I tried to reinstall but I still have the same problem. If I cant find a solution I will sto...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Turkey Device Lenovo Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I hit the play button the songs are skipping and none of it playing. I tried to ...
  • Romario11
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes