Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Wrong song playing

Removed songs from my own playlist. Playing that playlist on shuffle, it always plays the same sequence of songs and it plays songs in the playlist that I have deleted from the playlist.PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDell laptopOperating SystemWindows 1...

• Casual Listener
  • Removed songs from my own playlist. Playing that playlist on shuffle, it always plays the same sequence of songs and it plays songs in the playlist that I have deleted from the playlist. Plan Premi...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Attention To All Members: How To Update Desktop App!!

The following screen shots shows the correct way to upgrade! When an update is available, you'll see a blue dot on the right side of your profile name. Click on the drop down menu and select "Restart Now." Spotify will then install and configure your...

SpotifyUpdate.png SpotifyUpdate2.png
  • Visitor
  • The following screen shots shows the correct way to upgrade! When an update is available, you'll see a blue dot on the right side of your profile name. Click on the drop down menu and select "Restart...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    PC
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't login to Spotify App on Windows 10

PlanFreeCountry United States of America DeviceHP Probook 440 G2 Operating SystemWindows 10 1803 My Question or Issue So whenever I try to login to Spotify on Windows 10, I get an error 17 which says A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country  United States of America   Device HP Probook 440 G2   Operating System Windows 10 1803   My Question or Issue  So whenever I try to login to Sp...
  • gilltron0
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix - Missing from Left Panel

I believe there was a recent update to Spotify on Windows and now the Daily Mix does not appear on the left panel under "Your Library". I can still find it if I search Daily Mix but this is an additional inconvenient step. Is there a way to put it ba...

• Casual Listener
  • I believe there was a recent update to Spotify on Windows and now the Daily Mix does not appear on the left panel under "Your Library". I can still find it if I search Daily Mix but this is an a...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

so i have spotify on my phone and computer

so i have spotify premium i add songs on my phone but they don't show up on my computer any way to fix this?

• so i have spotify premium i add songs on my phone but they don't show up on my computer any way to fix this?    
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I Saw A Private Playlist

On Tuesday I saw my friend listening to a private playlist on Spotify. It showed the playlist, I clicked it and followed because it looked like just another playlist. Now he's convinced I did something underhanded to get access. How the **bleep** is ...

• On Tuesday I saw my friend listening to a private playlist on Spotify. It showed the playlist, I clicked it and followed because it looked like just another playlist. Now he's convinced I did somethi...
  • PKimchi
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App forgets last played position/song (no queue either)

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince the Windows 10 version of Spotify installed it no longer remembers the last position/song I was playing when I start my PC.I've ended up clean uninstalling and reinstalling with the win32 a...

• Casual Listener
  • Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since the Windows 10 version of Spotify installed it no longer remembers the last position/song I was playing when I start my P...
  • Preticle
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Lost ALL saved songs library

PlanPremiumCountry SpainDeviceDell XPS 15 / HTC One M8Operating SystemWindows 10 / Android Marshmallow My Question or Issue So surprise to me this morning, my +2000 songs library got erased or lost, call it whatever you want. Instead, a lot of albums...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Spain Device Dell XPS 15 / HTC One M8 Operating System Windows 10 / Android Marshmallow   My Question or Issue  So surprise to me this morning, my +2000...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to connect with Facebook

PlanPremiumCountryCANADADeviceWINDOWS PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue When I click "connect to facebook" Nothing appears until I press "ALT-TAB" on my keyboard. I can then see the facebook login prompt but cannot click on it. I also...

•   Plan Premium Country CANADA Device WINDOWS PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  When I click "connect to facebook" Nothing appears until I press "ALT-TAB...
  • LuisN99
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows startup opens browser with weird spotify link that does not open

When windows 10 starts up, my browser starts up with this link: https://accounts.spotify.com/authorize/?client_id=&response_type=code&redirect_uri=http://127.0.0.1:7476&state=XSS&scope=user-read-playback-state%20user-modify-playback-state&show_dialog...

•   When windows 10 starts up, my browser starts up with this link:   https://accounts.spotify.com/authorize/?client_id=<blahblahblah>&response_type=code&redirect_uri=http://...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Available songs giving "This track is not available in your country" message on chrome

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePCOperating SystemWin7 My Question or Issue For around a month now everytime I click on songs or playlists on other websites it keeps saying it's not available in my country, but when I click on the track and open it in...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device PC Operating System Win7   My Question or Issue   For around a month now everytime I click on songs or playlists on other websites i...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 Store App, toggle settings not working

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 - App store Application.Previous information:Already did a clean install of the Windows app, relogged, did a log out from all devices from the web page (since I also use the android app). M...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device PC Operating System Windows 10 - App store Application. Previous information: Already did a clean install of the Windows app, relogged, did a log out f...
  • LestatLestotis
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Suggestion: Searching shows column with your own playlists

How about when you search in the desktop application, for songs or artists, you also get a column showing where you can find them in your own playlists? And by columns I of course mean like the already existing columns like: Artists, songs, albums......

• Casual Listener
  • How about when you search in the desktop application, for songs or artists, you also get a column showing where you can find them in your own playlists?   And by columns I of course mean like ...
  • -griffin-
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HELP problem with Spotify PC

Hello everyone ... I'm having a problem with Spotify for PC ... So I turn to some help from someone who has already had this problem, or who has an idea of how to solve it. ..It marks me this error, as on the screenshot, on my laptop Acer of 2018 on ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone ... I'm having a problem with Spotify for PC ... So I turn to some help from someone who has already had this problem, or who has an idea of how to solve it. .. It marks me this...
  • Mahdid316
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Friend Activity pane bug

Using Win7.1, Spotify 1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd. The rightmost "Friend Activity" pane extends horizontally without resizing the other parts when zooming out (Ctrl+-) three or more times. When trying to resize (<-II->) that pane nothing happens. Screenshot...

spot.png
  • Regular
  • Using Win7.1, Spotify 1.0.85.257.g0f8531bd.   The rightmost "Friend Activity" pane extends horizontally without resizing the other parts when zooming out (Ctrl+-) three or more times...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify web don't load

I had tried to connect to the spotify web, but it gives me an error.I can't connect with my computer or my smartphone.Sorry for my bad english.

53626.jpg
  • Regular
  • I had tried to connect to the spotify web, but it gives me an error. I can't connect with my computer or my smartphone. Sorry for my bad english.
  • OsuCelsius
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Image Problem

How do I put the image on the left back ?

b392232ec0254021a1820869b59916ab.png
  •   How do I put the image on the left back ?
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files - Spotify Desktop Won't Recognize Metadata

PremiumWindows 10 I've got some mp3 files that Spotify won't recognize the titles of. I've fixed them in Mp3tag, but Spotify still won't recognize them. Check out the attached pic from Mp3tag... ... and check out the attached pic from Spotify Desktop...

• Music Fan
  • Premium Windows 10   I've got some mp3 files that Spotify won't recognize the titles of. I've fixed them in Mp3tag, but Spotify still won't recognize them. Check out the attached pic from Mp3...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume keys not working - Spotify Connect on WiFi - Windows 10

Hi,I have a new Lenovo ThinkPad and the volume keys (incl mute) don't change the volume on my stereo when using Spotify Connect on Wifi. When I toggle volume keys up/down the Windows volume appears to be changing (ie the W10 pop-up slides up/down) bu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a new Lenovo ThinkPad and the volume keys (incl mute) don't change the volume on my stereo when using Spotify Connect on Wifi.  When I toggle volume keys up/down the Windows volume a...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Env: prod