Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

local files not playing on Windows 10?

PlanPremium Country USDeviceMicrosoft Surface Book 2Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I was trying to load a bunch of .m4p songs from my computer into spotify, and they appeared in local files, but are unable to be played. The last resp...

• Plan Premium   Country  US Device Microsoft Surface Book 2 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I was trying to load a bunch of .m4p songs from my comput...
  • humeka
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Filtering out certain things from search

My Question or IssueHi - I'd like to know, if there is an option to filter out certain things from search results.For example I am using "soundtrack tag:new" search, but half of the results are Korean soap opera albums, which I do not want to have in...

• Casual Listener
  •   My Question or Issue Hi - I'd like to know, if there is an option to filter out certain things from search results. For example I am using "soundtrack tag:new" search, but half of the resul...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify.exe and SpotifySetup.exe not opening (no error message)

Plan PremiumCountry BrazilDevice PCOperating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue When I try to open spotify.exe I see the little loading icon on my mouse icon but nothing happens, not even an error message, there is no spotify process that opens n...

• Plan  Premium Country  Brazil Device  PC Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue   When I try to open spotify.exe I see the little loading icon on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • not opening
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Overlay option not in settings

Windows 8.1 64bit, Premium Subscription, Version 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b, Spotify App 32bit(/shrug?) So I just started using Spotify after seeing a friend use it, and getting recommended. I saw one of those friends using their media buttons and getting ...

•       Windows 8.1 64bit, Premium Subscription, Version 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b, Spotify App 32bit(/shrug?)   So I just started using Spotify after seeing a friend use it, a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song songs play/no sound other song fine. What's up?

PlanFreeCountryUSA DeviceDESKTOP PCOperating SystemVISTA My Question or IssueHi. Some songs show they are playing but no sound. I play a different song/band and there is sound without any adjustments or changes to my settings.2 particular bands I am ...

• Plan Free Country USA   Device DESKTOP PC Operating System VISTA   My Question or Issue Hi. Some songs show they are playing but no sound. I play a different song/band and there ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs adds itself automatically in the same playlist

PlanPremiumCountry Sweden Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMight be a wierd title but I'll try to break this down.I have a playlist where I've got alot of rock songs. That's the only playlist that I've had problem with. If I'm listening...

• Plan Premium Country  Sweden   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Might be a wierd title but I'll try to break this down. I have a playlist where I've got alo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

failed to export some data

Windows 10 spotify appHello, recently everytime i open spotify im getting notification that"failed to export some data"no idea how to fix (unistaling=nothing happens) any solutions

•  Windows 10 spotify app Hello, recently everytime i open spotify im getting notification that"failed to export some data"no idea how to fix (unistaling=nothing happens) any solutions   &...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Cannot see my Network Attached Storage (NAS) under Local Files/Add a Source

I am in my initial 90-day trial of premium. I tried to add a source of local music, specifically my NAS which is where my music library is located. The list of folders in the drop down shows Network, but when I click on that, it does not then open (o...

• Regular
  •   I am in my initial 90-day trial of premium. I tried to add a source of local music, specifically my NAS which is where my music library is located. The list of folders in the drop down shows ...
  • s0mm3r
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unwanted items

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDevicePCOperating System7 Pro My Question or IssueHelloHow to delete "derivative products" on artiste page on desktop spotify software ?How to delete "playlists" things below artiste ?How to personalize "Home page" : the play...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  France Device PC Operating System 7 Pro   My Question or Issue Hello How to delete "derivative products" on artiste page on desktop spotify software ? How ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

local files are not linked, they are greyed out (ID3 Tags are correct)

Plan: PremiumCountry: ATDevice: HP LaptopOperating System: Windows 10My Question or IssueI want to import my local library and create a playlist of thembut spotify won't match the files with the spotify database, they remain greyI used Mp3Tag v2.91 t...

grafik.png grafik.png grafik.png
  • Music Fan
  • Plan: Premium Country: AT Device: HP Laptop Operating System: Windows 10 My Question or Issue I want to import my local library and create a playlist of them but spotify won't match the files w...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify web player keeps losing connection to Chromecast Audio

My Chromecast Audio is losing the connection with Spotify Web Player, sometimes after only one song, sometimes after a couple. Sometimes I can play a whole album. Impossible to find a pattern.Every time it has paused, Web Player usually says it's str...

• Visitor
  • My Chromecast Audio is losing the connection with Spotify Web Player, sometimes after only one song, sometimes after a couple. Sometimes I can play a whole album. Impossible to find a pattern. Eve...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • chromecast audio
    chromecast playback
    chromecast streaming
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

automatically changes playlist

planpremium CountryNetherlands DevicelaptopOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or Issue i have a list of 2000 songs and i want to start listening in the middle and continue from there. But spotify automatically changes the next song to be played t...

• plan premium   Country Netherlands   Device laptop Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue  i have a list of 2000 songs and i want to start listening in the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Plays partial song, then skips to another

As of a few hours ago, my Spotify app for PC started playing about a minute of a song, then skipping, either to another random song in my playlist, or some song I have never heard. And when I pause it, it will restart after a minute or so. This start...

• Casual Listener
  • As of a few hours ago, my Spotify app for PC started playing about a minute of a song, then skipping, either to another random song in my playlist, or some song I have never heard.  And when I p...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Pausing Spotify Playback "Mutes" ALL Audio Playback On My Computer

Hi, everyone.I installed a Windows update today. After the update, Spotify seems to be acting strangely. Like the title says, pausing audio playback mutes all other sound output on my computer, including my web browser, and games on Steam.I tried Goo...

• Hi, everyone. I installed a Windows update today. After the update, Spotify seems to be acting strangely. Like the title says, pausing audio playback mutes all other sound output on my computer, i...
  • SGTAce
  • Casual Listener
  • 26 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 20 likes

Offline when I'm Not

PlanFreeCountry United States of AmericaDevice(HP Pavilion g6)Operating System(Windows 7) My Question or IssueSpotify is saying that my laptop is offline when it is not. It is connected to the WiFi and the connection if working just fine. It was only...

•   Plan Free Country  United States of America Device (HP Pavilion g6) Operating System (Windows 7)   My Question or Issue Spotify is saying that my laptop is offline when it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I play any song on PC, or is it now shuffle-only?

Hi! I know, silly question but I looked it up and only found complaints about Android. And I keep on hearing stuff about Spotify free just now having a "shuffle play only" function which is confusing. I know that's always how it's been for Android, n...

• Hi! I know, silly question but I looked it up and only found complaints about Android. And I keep on hearing stuff about Spotify free just now having a "shuffle play only" function which is confusing...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs randomly skipping to next song in playlist on laptop and iPhone

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: Thinkpad Laptop / iPhone 7Operating System: WIndows 10 / iOS 12.1.2 This morning the Spotify app on my laptop installed an update and ever since, songs are randomly stopping and skipping to the next track. This also a...

• Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: Thinkpad Laptop / iPhone 7 Operating System: WIndows 10 / iOS 12.1.2   This morning the Spotify app on my laptop installed an update and ever since, songs...
  • theotherjt
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Change which playlist 'Liked from Radio' adds to

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone 6S/PCOperating SystemiOS 12.12/Windows 10 My Question or IssueSome individual (who I believe has an IQ beginning with a decimal point) hacked my Spotify account and deleted my playlists. Helpfully, Spotify...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device iPhone 6S/PC Operating System iOS 12.12/Windows 10   My Question or Issue Some individual (who I believe has an IQ beginning with a decimal p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

SpotifySetup.exe has stopped working

I was trying to download Spotify, for the first time. I downloaded it for windows, through the website. So far everything's cool and good. It was installing, but then a message popped up; "SpotifySetup.exe has stopped working".I try again, same thing...

• I was trying to download Spotify, for the first time. I downloaded it for windows, through the website. So far everything's cool and good. It was installing, but then a message popped up; "SpotifySet...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How can I easily add all artist albums to my library at once?

Hi. I am new to Spotify, so I apologise if this is a basic question. However, I was wondering if there was an easy way to go to an Artists page and, under Albums, add all their albums to my library, instead of having to add them manually, one at a ti...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi.   I am new to Spotify, so I apologise if this is a basic question.  However, I was wondering if there was an easy way to go to an Artists page and, under Albums, add all their...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes