Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not showing as status in Discord.

Spotify not showing as status in Discord.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Desktop & Mobile

Operating System

Windows 10,  Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spotify stopped showing as status in Discord.

I've tried the following:

• Disconnecting Discord and Spotify accounts and reconnecting
  • Disconnecting accounts, uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify and Discord, then reconnecting accounts.
  • Checked all settings across both Discord and Spotify
13 Replies

You have to enable Spotify under Game Activity after you have connected your accounts.

So, if it isn't listed under 'Added Games', its not going to show up as your Discord status. to add Spotify click the cog in the lower left, go to Game Activity, click Add It! under the section that says "no game activity detected", type in Spotify and click the first option. enable or disable the overlay and make sure the "Display currently running game..." is enabled. 

hope this helps.

That just shows me as playing spotify... It still doesn't show what i'm listening to.

If no one has an answer, could someone at least point me in the direction of someone or something that does?

I'm paying for a service here 😛

In your User Setting on Discord, under Connections, is "Display Spotify as your status" enabled? And, I'm not sure if this actually is your problem, but in your Spotify settings on the device you are listening on, in your settings under "Social", is "Share my listening activity on Spotify" enabled? Also, check to make sure that you aren't running any games that would take precident in your status over Spotify. Running Spotify and Discord on the same machine may also help. The more information you share, the better

1. yes - display spotify as your status is enabled

2. yes - share listening activity on spotify is enabled

3. no - no other games or otherwise are running.  i've tried enabling and disabling game activity sharing, as well as adding Spotify as a "game".  

4. same machine or separate

exact the same problem. but not the main one tho.

spotify is being... slow? like you press Play/Pause/choose next song and spotify reacts with some delay. /tried to move cache or launch with

%appdata%/Spotify/Spotify.exe --cache-path=/enter/path/to/nonssd/disk/here

helped for few days, spotify was working more than fine and also discord was showing all the statuses fine. weird

Bueller?  Bueeelllleeerrr?

Works on my phone, but not desktops.  No idea why...

why is no one helping, I am facing the same problem

try connecting your spotify account to discord again.

that worked for me

This actually worked for me, the problem was from the spotify side, not the discord side. Enabling that option under socials worked just fine

same

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

You can find more information on this issue in this thread, where we have posted a lot of relevant information.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts