Premium

Country

UK

Device

Desktop (with Ethernet, Windows 10) 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My desktop app for spotify doesnt let me listen along with friends on discord & it also doesnt show my activity on spotify, However when i load up my mobile app it lets me listen along and shows my activity on that, both on the same account and both on the same internet, although my PC Has a LAN cable, My pc also doesnt show up under the list of devices when im on my phone,

just Looking for some help to sort this out, have tried reconnecting and reinstalling everything, Thanks in Advance

5 Replies

Hey @NathanSeagull,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome. 

We’d suggest removing access to Discord on your Spotify settings by heading here. From there, scroll to Discord > Remove Access. 

Once you’ve done that, head to Discord > User Settings > Connections > remove your existing Spotify account > then add it back again. You’ll also need to head back to your Spotify app > Settings > and ensure “Device Broadcast Status” is toggled on.

Lastly, restart both Spotify and Discord apps then check if your Discord displays your status while listening to Spotify. It’d be a big help if you could send us a screen recording of this process if you run into any hiccups along the way.

We'll stay tuned.

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

as you can see in the video below, I have done what you said, although i couldnt find the 'device boradcast status' in the settings on the app, but i have copied my friends settings on the app and his works, hope i can get this resolved 😄

Hi there @NathanSeagull,

Thank you for your reply and for the recording that was provided. Let's continue to take a closer look into this.

Can you let us know if you're using a VPN or are connected to a school/ work network on your computer? 

It's also a good idea to check if a firewall is affecting the performance of the app. 

On another note, sometimes following the steps here helps since it will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello, the same happens to me, Listening to Spotify "Song" doesn't appear when im ussing Spotify App, but it does work when i listen any song in Opera or Google, please Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Hey there @JuanGuerreroSxF,

Thank you for your reply and for the provided information.

To start with, can you let us know if you followed the steps suggested in this thread?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts