Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not working unless I have the computer hooked to my secondary monitor.

Spotify not working unless I have the computer hooked to my secondary monitor.

Hello,

Having a weird issue with Spotify not playing songs. I have premium and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing helps. When my laptop is NOT connected to anything, I press play on any song and I get the error: "This song is unavailable. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." However, I have a secondary monitor. When I connect my laptop to the monitor via HDMI cord I also plug my headphones into the secondary monitor. This is when Spotify works for me and I don't get errors. Please advise as to what may be the problem or if more information is needed.

Thank you.

1 Reply

Hey @cwadmail,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Let's first try a clean reinstall:

1. Log out of Spotify and then close the program.
  2. Uninstall
  3. Browse to the cache. The default location should be C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage and delete everything inside the folder.
  4. Delete the folder C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\<user>\ There is a folder for each profile that has been logged into Spotify on that computer account.
  5. Reinstall.

Also, the issue might appear while using headphones, usb or bluetooth speakers. Try plugging them out and back in. Hopefully that'll fix it.

If not, this issue is being looked into in this thread. You should post there if you want to be in the loop of further developments.

Let us know how it goes though!

Suggested posts