Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify pauses song every 30 seconds

Solved!

Spotify pauses song every 30 seconds

Plan

Premium

Country

Irrelevant

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hey there everyone, so I've been having issues the past couple days. The problem is that my Spotify keeps pausing my music every 30 seconds or so. I have tried disconnecting all offline devices and signing out everywhere, aswell as making sure the client is updated, but it hasn't helped. Any tips? 😞

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I actually discovered that it was caused by Discord, since I have my microphone set to voice activation and I was in a call, and apparently if your mic is outputting for 30 seconds straight with Spotify playing music it'll pause it, I'm not sure why, something related to terms of service or something. 😛 My mates couldn't hear the music, but oh well. I've changed my microphone to automatically determine my output volume, I'll see if that works the next time I'm in a call. I tried to delete my post, but couldn't quite figure out how, since I'm new to this message board. Apologies. 😛

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Mythiuz,

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

I actually discovered that it was caused by Discord, since I have my microphone set to voice activation and I was in a call, and apparently if your mic is outputting for 30 seconds straight with Spotify playing music it'll pause it, I'm not sure why, something related to terms of service or something. 😛 My mates couldn't hear the music, but oh well. I've changed my microphone to automatically determine my output volume, I'll see if that works the next time I'm in a call. I tried to delete my post, but couldn't quite figure out how, since I'm new to this message board. Apologies. 😛

@Mythiuz -

Thanks for the reply!

If this reply helped you out, make sure to mark it as the solution. This way, other users who might be facing this issue can come into this thread and see the solution under your original post 🙂

Cheers.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts