Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[ALL DEVICES/PLATFORMS] - Podcast playback resets whenever stopped.

[ALL DEVICES/PLATFORMS] - Podcast playback resets whenever stopped.

This seems like a new bug. That started sometime around January. Whenever I pause, swap devices or do anything that doesn't complete an episode 100%, it seems like my position is lost. If it were a song, no big deal. On 90minute long podcast episodes it's a bit frustrating to recall where in the episode I was. I experience this bug on Windows & Android devices.

-Edited to account for other folks posts. This is happening on all platforms. It is still happening, and it is very frustrating. @Spotify, please get on top of this before I start taking song longer than 10 minutes to a dedicated Podcast application.

14 Replies

I'm having the exact same issue on iPhone, very frustrating

Exactly as the subject says... I am anywhere in the podcast, press pause or stop, playback starts from beginning. Happens with all podcasts. Noticed only since last few weeks, month of 3/18 maybe... VERY ANNOYING!

Same problem here. Drives me crazy

Im on an iphone and having the same podcast-restarting bug described by everyone else, and likewise it started in the last roughly two weeks for me. 

Same here. wth Spotify don't you have a dedicated team to listen to bug reports and solve such simple errors?
Seems like all you are focused on is on redesigning the player for the nth time.

Get it together, **bleep**.

This issue appears to have been resolved at least for Android/Windows Desktop client in recent updates.

Thanks.

I solved this problem by switching to Google Music .  It works beautifully and has several of the podcasts not available on Spotify. 

Issue still happens. Just pause for a second and podcast startst from the beginning.

Agreed, this is not solved. Still happens every day on Android.

Hey dumb **bleep**, it clearly hasn't been fixed if I'm still getting the issue. Don't mark your post as the solution when it's you talking**bleep**. **bleep**. Wit.

Clearly this is the kind conversation you should have when you are asking for someones help.

Try making sure only one platform is connected to spotify at a time. If you have it running on your desktop, your phone will always be trying to sync with it and it throws off the playback. It's nonsense but that worked for me

Issue is still unresolved. Got my podcasts reset to beginning for no apparent reason.

Frustrating – yes, very. But what’s more disappointing is, this issue was reported almost half year ago already. Might be time to consider other opportunities since Spotify does not responds to user’s direct input.

With the recent podcast push, how is this still not resolved? 

Started a podcast, got 40 minutes in, paused, walked down the street, brought app up again and its back to 0. This happens pretty much every time I pause for more than a few minutes. 

I really want to continue beta’ing this feature (let’s be honest with one another on how ready this is), but you’re not making it easy by missing basic functionality. 

(I’m on iOS most often)

Suggested posts