Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Tryp
  • Casual Listener
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 67 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Not playing songs I typed in my playlist

Okay I have Maroon5 in my playlist but when I type it up it in my phone it won't play the song it will play the song at the beginning of my playlist ..... I've been a user for 3 years and this never happened before

•  Okay I have Maroon5 in my playlist but when I  type it up it in my phone it won't play the song it will play the song at the beginning of my playlist ..... I've been a user for 3 years and...
  • Gman6
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Latest release breaks proxy support + minimize keyboard shortcut

I was just upgraded to 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc today. Since the upgrade, I'm now unable to connect to Spotify from my work PC which is behind a proxy that requires authentication. I've previously connected by specifying the proxy server host name on its...

• Casual Listener
  • I was just upgraded to 1.0.75.483.g7ff4a0dc today. Since the upgrade, I'm now unable to connect to Spotify from my work PC which is behind a proxy that requires authentication.   I've&nbs...
  • axeshr3dder
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Open Spotify links in APP not in web player

For some reason all links i get sent to me open in the webplayer, i know they used to open in the app before. How can i get this behaviour back? I have no interest in using a browser to listen ever, i want playlists and tracks that is shared to me to...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason all links i get sent to me open in the webplayer, i know they used to open in the app before.    How can i get this behaviour back?   I have no interest in using a ...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Playlist that are "secret"

Hi,I don´t now why, suddenly all my play lists was Public! I allways set the status "make secret" to new lists. Is this because of an update or something?And also, one of my friend searched on my full name instead and to my suprise he can find me (od...

• Hi, I don´t now why, suddenly all my play lists was Public! I allways set the status "make secret" to new lists. Is this because of an update or something? And also, one of my friend searched on m...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Everytime I launch Spotify it resets to the same state

Everytime I launch Spotify it resets to the same state. At first, every single time I launched it it went to a certain spot in a certain song with also the queue being the same eveytime. Recently Spotify resets to a state where no song is selected an...

•  Everytime I launch Spotify it resets to the same state. At first, every single time I launched it it went to a certain spot in a certain song with also the queue being the same eveytime. Recent...
  • Jollof
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] Spotify Windows 10 store app unpins itself from taskbar

Hi, I've noticed that every time I turn on my computer or sometimes when I wake up the computer, the Spotify icon disappears from the taskbar even though I had it pinned.Steps to reproduce:- Install Spotify from Windows 10 store- Open Spotify- Right-...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've noticed that every time I turn on my computer or sometimes when I wake up the computer, the Spotify icon disappears from the taskbar even though I had it pinned. Steps to reproduce: - In...
  • mdosantos
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Hola!

No recuerdo mi contraseña,y lo envio a spotify para ke me la envien a mi correo electronico,pero no me llega nada,me dice que accedo a traves de facebook,pero ni con mi nombre de usuario ni con la direccion de correo condigo entrar,como hago para ke ...

• No recuerdo mi contraseña,y lo envio a spotify para ke me la envien a mi correo electronico,pero no me llega nada,me dice que accedo a traves de facebook,pero ni con mi nombre de usuario ni con la di...
  • NicoPómice
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't View The Friend Feed

I have an imac and I can't see the friend feed. How do I view it?

• Visitor
  • I have an imac and I can't see the friend feed. How do I view it?
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Import iTunes Playlists

I'm using the latest version of Spotify Desktop, downloaded from Microsoft store, and I can't see the option to import my Playlists to Spotify. This feature exists in MAC Version but not anymore in Windows ones? Someone could me help on that?

• Music Fan
  • I'm using the latest version of Spotify Desktop, downloaded from Microsoft store, and I can't see the option to import my Playlists to Spotify.   This feature exists in MAC Version but not any...
  • Krousk
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Pulando músicas sozinho

Olá, eu mudei minhas músicas do pc para meu hd externo que fica conectado ao meu pc, desde então o spotify **bleep** qualquer música que está nesse hd, eu já mudei nas preferências do spotify e mesmo assim não adiantou. Gostaria de uma ajuda.

• Olá, eu mudei minhas músicas do pc para meu hd externo que fica conectado ao meu pc, desde então o spotify **bleep** qualquer música que está nesse hd, eu já mudei nas preferências do spotify e mesmo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Login

I created an account with Spotify around a year and a half ago with the user mycrazycupcakes and after the new update Spotify has come out with all users must re-login. Yet, since I created this account so long ago I had forgotten what my password wa...

• Visitor
  • I created an account with Spotify around a year and a half ago with the user mycrazycupcakes and after the new update Spotify has come out with all users must re-login. Yet, since I cr...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "Spotify cannot migrate some of your data" annoying start message (Win10)

I keep getting an error "in German "spotify konnte einige deiner daten nicht migrieren" ("Spotify cannot migrate some of your data") ,as in the screenshot attached, whenever I start Spotify.This started to appear apparently after an automatic softwar...

Spotify.png
  • Music Fan
  • I keep getting an error "in German "spotify konnte einige deiner daten nicht migrieren" ("Spotify cannot migrate some of your data") ,as in the screenshot attached, whenever I start Spotify. Th...
  • felipegameiro
  • Casual Listener
  • 35 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 35 replies
  • 3 likes

soptify turned into trash

i remember that spotify was great when i started subscribing this thing. i was a huge fan of the notification bell and with spotify i was able to track my favourite bands. i was a happy premium customer. a few years ago spotify had a big downgrade an...

• Roadie
  • i remember that spotify was great when i started subscribing this thing. i was a huge fan of the notification bell and with spotify i was able to track my favourite bands. i was a happy premium custo...
  • satriaaldy
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

I do not get notifications

Hello,I do not get any notifications from Spotify. In "Notification settings" I have everything checked.

• Visitor
  • Hello, I do not get any notifications from Spotify. In "Notification settings" I have everything checked.
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Notifications
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Minimised mode does not release media keys and also shows no icon in the task bar

When I switch spotify to minimised, I love how it remembers where I was in the app etc etc, but I don't love how it doesn't relrease the media keys while Windows seems to think no media keys were pressed. When maximised, if I press play/pause Windows...

• Regular
  • When I switch spotify to  minimised, I love how it remembers where I was in the app etc etc, but I don't love how it doesn't relrease the media keys while Windows seems to think no media keys we...
  • Sammaye
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lost Downloads

HorsleygcPremiumWindows laptopUK New to Spotify; have downloaded some songs but cannot find them anywhere on my laptop. Have searched entire laptop and nothing but songs have the green downloaded successful logo. Any idea where they might be stored ?...

• Horsleygc Premium Windows laptop UK   New to Spotify; have downloaded some songs but cannot find them anywhere on my laptop.  Have searched entire laptop and nothing but songs have the...
  • TheFrye
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Long songs cause the queue to stop/disappear

Hello, I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but recently I've found that longer songs (>10 minutes) are now causing spotify to stop playing . It stays at the end of the song ("bug1") and when you skip to the next track it deletes your que...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but recently I've found that longer songs (>10 minutes) are now causing spotify to stop playing . It stays at the end of the song (...
  • TheFrye
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify desktop has stopped loading

I've just installed some updates on my laptop (Dell XPS 13) and now Spotify isn't loading. The programme launches, but it's then stuck on a blank, black screen (attached) but task manager doesn't say it's crashed. I've reinstalled it and nothing has ...

• Regular
  • I've just installed some updates on my laptop (Dell XPS 13) and now Spotify isn't loading. The programme launches, but it's then stuck on a blank, black screen (attached) but task manager doesn't say...
  • h_bell25
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Certain "Hopsin" songs keep crashing my Spotify client - Please advise

"Hopsin - Crown Me" is just one example. The song ends at 4:39, but around 4:32 the progress bar jumps back to around 4:25 and the audio just stops. This usually results in my Spotify client crashing/freezing and I have to reopen it manually. (A dail...

• Regular
  • "Hopsin - Crown Me" is just one example. The song ends at 4:39, but around 4:32 the progress bar jumps back to around 4:25 and the audio just stops. This usually results in my Spotify client crashing...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Randomly changing discover weekly playlist

I have had this problem a few times now. But only today i am 100% sure that it was happening. so i was listening to my discover weekly playlist from monday till today in the afternoon. Now in the evening i decide to listen again and i realize that i ...

• I have had this problem a few times now. But only today i am 100% sure that it was happening. so i was listening to my discover weekly playlist from monday till today in the afternoon. Now in the eve...
  • HotlineMemeami
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes