Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot sync local files from phone to computer.

Solved!

Cannot sync local files from phone to computer.

Hello, i have 2 desktops - one in my work and one at home, they both contain different songs.

i was able to sync songs to my android device from both computers.

however, i did later try to sync songs from my android device to the computer with the missing songs - i'm on the same WIFI, no firewall - and nothing worked.

Is it possible to do so?

Also - if i transfer the missing local files manually to the other computer - can i put them somewhere that it will not count as duplicate song?

example:

1. Computer A has song called "MySong"

2. Computer B doesn't have this song.

3. I'll transfer locally the "MySong" into Computer B - put it in some folder on spotify - will it count it as a "new" file? or it knows that this song already exists in my playlist?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @arielb135, thanks for joining the community!

You currently can not transfer local music from a mobile device to a PC. You must have the local music on all PCs first. The syncing is only for putting your local music on your phone.

See more information here.

Thanks, have a lovely day.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @arielb135, thanks for joining the community!

You currently can not transfer local music from a mobile device to a PC. You must have the local music on all PCs first. The syncing is only for putting your local music on your phone.

See more information here.

Thanks, have a lovely day.

Thanks, the local files handling is really cluncky.

I know spotify wishes to have all music streamed through them, but i would expect them to add a private cloud support.

Eventually i transferred some files also to the other computer - gladly, it did recognize songs that i previously added and did not do a duplicate.

Suggested posts