Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify podcasts wont play on laptop

Spotify podcasts wont play on laptop

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Dell laptop - 5510

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

When I try to play a podcast on my laptop the timer does not move and the podcast does not play. This has happened over multiple podcasts now. I do not have this issue on my phone. Anybody know why this could be? 

11 Replies

Hey @ScottyD_, help's here.

We first suggest that you perform a reinstall of the app with these steps. If that doesn't help, is this happening with your downloaded podcasts? Try searching for a podcast in the app, and play it from the podcaster's page. 

If that doesn't help, get back to us with a screenshot, Spotify version and the  country set on your account and we'll have a closer look.

All the best!

I have the same issue.  Eventually, the podcast will start to play after 5-10 minutes. It works fine on the app but not on the desktop version and it is not on all podcasts that I susbscribe to.

I have tried a complete reinstallation, clearing the cache, etc, but this has not changed anything. 

I have the issue with both the desktop app and the web player, but not on mobile. Still having issues even after clean install.

Hey @alanaleger @Vyxxen,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

To confirm, does this happen only with certain podcasts, or all podcasts?

In any case, could you provide us with the exact steps to reproduce on our end?

Could you also provide us with the version of your Spotify app for desktop?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies 🙂

Hi Peter, this is just on certain podcasts.

I have reinstalled and my version is 1.0.95.289.g342899da.

https://open.spotify.com/show/7IcgcyLSmDUsNfpI3dEroP?si=Fj8JjZssSCKc9uMwvBoSOA is one of the podcasts that I regularly listen to and now have to use another player to do so.  When I click play, the timer doesn't move but the pause button appears as if it is getting ready to play. After about 10 minutes, it will eventually start.

Thanks for having a look at this for me. 

Hey @Vyxxen.

Thanks for clarifying that for us!

This is an issue which we are aware of, and which our tech folks are currently looking into. We suggest you head on over to this thread and add your vote. Make sure to leave the requested information so that we can pass it on to the right people. We'll keep you updated on the thread as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks! Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this.

Hi

I am having the same issue. @Peter The link to the thread we should vote for is invalid. Could you please relink so I could vote for the issue as well?

Thanks

L

I am also having this problem, on certain podcasts over the last few months. Can you provide the link to the thread again? The URL is broken.

Thanks 🙂

Hey @Katlob and @lukashko,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you clarify the exact issue you are experiencing with playing podcasts, and include any screenshots where relevant? We will be able to link you to the right thread once we have this information.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies 🙂

It isn’t a screenshot, as in it’s not a moment in time. If you click on a single podcast episode, Spotify will just pause for a few seconds and then start playing a different episode of the same podcast. Sometimes happens multiple times with the same episode.

Hey @alanaleger.

Thanks for getting back to us with that clarification.

Could we ask you for a bit more info, including:

• your device and OS version
  • your Spotify version
  • the name of the podcast episode(s) this is happening with
  • a video illustrating the issue (if possible)?

This information will help us understand the issue you are experiencing a bit better.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Suggested posts