Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify quits by itself every time I open it.

Spotify quits by itself every time I open it.

My spotify quits after 3 seconds every time I open it both on my computer (windows) and on my iPhone. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled the program on both devices and the same problem still happens. I got the Spotify Premium and it has always worked as it is supposed to before this. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS?!... I do not intend to pay for this if it doesn't work..

59 Replies

what Version of Spotify are you currently running on your Computer?

the newest one.. not that it should matter cause I just downloaded an older version just to try it out.. same **bleep** happened.. Since the same thing happens on my iPhone I guess it's my account and not the program? or... wtf-.- 

When I'm not online it "works".. Or.. it does not quit the program randomly after three seconds.. Still though I can't do Sh*t when I', not online so why would I need that.. ? anyone?

Does your account work on the web player

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes it does work on the Webplayer.. But surely is the only fu*king place..

Hi Hege321,

I've had a look at your account and there were some errors in your Follower/Following count that I've now repaired.

Can you please carry out a clean reinstallation on both devices then try logging in again?

Let us know if the issue remains after this. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Hi.. I once again tried a clean reinstallation now.. And it still does not work.. Do you have any chance of fixing this?? I really want it to work since I'm even paying for it. If I try to make a new account I will lose all my music AND be paying for an account I can't use. This should really be fixable from your side. I appreciate you trying, but WHAT MORE can you do, pls? 

-Hege

@Hege321 wrote:

Hi.. I once again tried a clean reinstallation now.. And it still does not work.. Do you have any chance of fixing this?? I really want it to work since I'm even paying for it. If I try to make a new account I will lose all my music AND be paying for an account I can't use. This should really be fixable from your side. I appreciate you trying, but WHAT MORE can you do, pls? 

-Hege

Hi Hege, sorry to hear this is still an issue.

I've just sent an email your way with some alternate login details to try out.

Let's continue contact via email and get this sorted that way. 

___

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Thank you so much for that, but I haven't recieved any e-mail. Do you want me to massage you the e-mail I read and know the password to, haha? Cause I recon you got the wrong one? or I could write it here, but that would be a lil inappropriate.

@Hege321 wrote:

Thank you so much for that, but I haven't recieved any e-mail. Do you want me to massage you the e-mail I read and know the password to, haha? Cause I recon you got the wrong one? or I could write it here, but that would be a lil inappropriate.

Hey!

I emailed you on the address that your Community and Spotify account is linked to.

Give your spam filter a check in case it's landed in there.

___

This is starting to get annoying.. how come nothing goes my way..? WOAAH.. well.  Thing is, when I try to log on THAT account it says that the account does not exist. Is there any way I can change the e-mail to another address? Or just pls send it to [snip - Adam], would be sooo much easier. tnx

Now I think I figured out how I changed my email-address on this profile.. on this site. Can you now send the e-mail to that one? 

-Hege

I'll just add a mention to @Greg here so he gets a reminder to re-email this for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

Thank you very much, mr!

Got exactly the same problem on my desktop version, it has been going on for a month or so, a clean reinstall will only work until the next reboot. Found a solution yet?

No, I have not found a solution yet.. I'm waiting for Greg to email me!.. Hope I'll find one soon. It's really annoying to pay for things that does not work at it is supposed to. Please let me know if you find a solution 🙂 Does your account work on the webplayer?

@Hege321 - just sent you another email (to the address you posted above) with some alternate login details to test with. Feel free to reply back to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I'm running into the same issue on my Windows 7 machine. I've had it working for a few minutes and then it will close, but most recently, it closes immediately after opening. This is after an uninstall and fresh install. Version is 0.9.4.185.g7545a404 (I think. I was able to get it down after multiple closings and reopenings of the program. Ha!).

Thanks!

@mevestatney - Would it be possible to try logging into another account to see if that causes a crash? 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts