Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Sound isn't working

Spotify (free, not premium) updated earlier for me, and now the sound isn't working. I restarted my computer twice, and while other audio is working, Spotify isn't making sound. The current version is 1.0.73.345.g6c9971ef. Is there anything I can do ...

• Spotify (free, not premium) updated earlier for me, and now the sound isn't working. I restarted my computer twice, and while other audio is working, Spotify isn't making sound. The current version i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple Playback Devices Sleep / Wake Up Bug

Hello Guys, I have a monitor with HDMI output which has speakers. HDMI output is my default audio output and it works. If I don't do any action like mouse movement, my monitor goes to sleep. In this case, music from spotify stops of course, that is n...

• Hello Guys,   I have a monitor with HDMI output which has speakers. HDMI output is my default audio output and it works. If I don't do any action like mouse movement, my monitor goes to sleep....
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Friend feed doesn't show.

The right side field of my desktop screen usually showing what added friends play or played last, stopped working today. I'm very fond of this function and hoping it'll be back real soon I wonder. Is there something I can do about this issue? Likewis...

• Casual Listener
  • The right side field of my desktop screen usually showing what added friends play or played last, stopped working today. I'm very fond of this function and hoping it'll be back real soon I wonder. Is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Prevent unwanted genres and artists

I live in Brazil. I'm brazillian. Ok? But I'm metal fond. Yes. I just like all types of metal. Heay Metal. Progressive Metal. New Metal. Classic Metal. Metal. But I also like Punk, Punk Rock, Rock'n'Roll, Classic Rock, Hard Rock and other - just the ...

• I live in Brazil. I'm brazillian. Ok?  But I'm metal fond. Yes. I just like all types of metal. Heay Metal. Progressive Metal. New Metal. Classic Metal. Metal. But I also like Punk, Punk Ro...
  • majorminus7
  • 1 replies
  • 18 likes
  • artist
    genre
    unwanted
  • 1 replies
  • 18 likes

Separar saida do audio em outra placa de som

Não achei nem uma função no spotify para fazer a saida de audio dele funcionar em outra placa de som, tenho 2 placas de sons, uma com fone de ouvido e outra com a caixa de som, quando quero jogar algum jogo e escutar uma musica, não consigo dividir o...

• Não achei nem uma função no spotify para fazer a saida de audio dele funcionar em outra placa de som, tenho 2 placas de sons, uma com fone de ouvido e outra com a caixa de som, quando quero jogar alg...
  • VBILICO
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! spotify cannot play current track

in spotify for every non local track it says it cannot play the current track, in the console i get ChannelError(5, 0, streams) most recent spotify version, used to be able to play just fine

• Regular
  • in spotify for every non local track it says it cannot play the current track, in the console i get ChannelError(5, 0, streams) most recent spotify version, used to be able to play just fine
  • Pier-Maria7
  • 32 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 32 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify could not be started (error 17)

For the past week, I've been un-installing and re-installing Spotify like crazy so I could access new music. This also leads to a problem saying that it "cannot initialize the storage of temporary files".

• Roadie
  • For the past week, I've been un-installing and re-installing Spotify like crazy so I could access new music. This also leads to a problem saying that it "cannot initialize the storage of tempora...
  • dhgreer
  • Casual Listener
  • 55 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 55 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Surface Goes to Sleep

I've got a Surface Pro 3 (Windows 8.1) and very annoyingly it stops playing music everytime the screen goes to sleep, I'm sure the screen should just turn off without Spotify stopping as well. As soon as I wake it up Spotify resumes playing. Is this ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got a Surface Pro 3 (Windows 8.1) and very annoyingly it stops playing music everytime the screen goes to sleep, I'm sure the screen should just turn off without Spotify stopping as well. As soo...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 81 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Windows
  • 81 replies
  • 11 likes

Friends Activity only partially displaying

Opened up Spotify today, and I noticed that my friends activity is only showing what friends are currently listening to. Before today it used to show what all friends had been recently listening to. Even friends who hadn't listened in a few days. I'v...

• Opened up Spotify today, and I noticed that my friends activity is only showing what friends are currently listening to. Before today it used to show what all friends had been recently listening to. ...
  • mirjamvosaste
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify finds chromecast when wifi is off

I have my laptop in flight mode (with wi-fi and bluetooth turned off). Still Spotify is able to connect to a nearby Chromecast which I have connected to with my phone earlier. Is Spotify overriding my system settings or is my Windows 10 settings not ...

• I have my laptop in flight mode (with wi-fi and bluetooth turned off). Still Spotify is able to connect to a nearby Chromecast which I have connected to with my phone earlier. Is Spotify overriding m...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Stuck on loading screen forever

Spotify won't even start properly. I've already tried to reinstall it multiple times yet it still keeps being stuck on the same loading screen. Already tried deleting the Spotify folder on %appdata% but didn't work. I'm running on windows 10.

• Spotify won't even start properly. I've already tried to reinstall it multiple times yet it still keeps being stuck on the same loading screen. Already tried deleting the Spotify folder on %appdata% ...
  • officialsnowy
  • Casual Listener
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Like lots of people; Spotify keeps loading on startup. Windows 10

I've reinstalled from the website and the store.I've deleted spotify with CCleaner and another program that also deletes all the left overs. Put all the settings i could find to "dont start" Pleas do something about it. Lots of people seem to have it...

• Music Fan
  • I've reinstalled from the website and the store. I've deleted spotify with CCleaner and another program that also deletes all the left overs.    Put all the settings i could find to "don...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify sound lower

If i 'close' spotify, the sound automatically goes lower and I don't want that and Spotify never did that. If i open spotify again, the sound is normal again. Help (Maybe its bad english)

• If i 'close' spotify, the sound automatically goes lower and I don't want that and Spotify never did that. If i open spotify again, the sound is normal again. Help (Maybe its bad english)
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs play on phone but not desktop

I have noticed that some albums won't play on my computer. For example, I can get most Radiohead albums to play but if I try to play anything from Kid A it says "this song is not available." I can stream it on my phone just fine, but if I select my p...

• Casual Listener
  • I have noticed that some albums won't play on my computer. For example, I can get most Radiohead albums to play but if I try to play anything from Kid A it says "this song is not available." I can st...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly Playlist

My Discover Weekly playlist was AMAZING, and I downloaded it (apparently) - but the songs aren't showing up on my "songs" list - is there any way that I can recover this playlist from the week of 1/21 - 1/28? I'm so bummed, and not sure what happened...

• Regular
  • My Discover Weekly playlist was AMAZING, and I downloaded it (apparently) - but the songs aren't showing up on my "songs" list - is there any way that I can recover this playlist from the week of 1/2...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not load

Hello, I logged out of my account spotify on pc windows 10 and since when I launch the application, there is an infinite loading and impossible to connect me (blocked on the loading), I reinstalled the application more of 5 times and always the same ...

• Hello, I logged out of my account spotify on pc windows 10 and since when I launch the application, there is an infinite loading and impossible to connect me (blocked on the loading), I reinstalled t...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Sound level changes when minimizing Spotify window

I have expericied a stange thing lately. When minimizing or working in another program than Spotify - the sound level goes down. How come? As soon as I toggle back to Spotify the sound level goes up again.

• Casual Listener
  • I have expericied a stange thing lately. When minimizing or working in another program than Spotify - the sound level goes down. How come? As soon as I toggle back to Spotify the sound level goe...
  • theochri
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Weird Alphabetical Sorting Issue

So I like to keep my song list organized alphabetically by artist. Before adding songs from The 1975's album from 2016, I had no issues. However, a very strange issue occurs when I add any more than 1 song from the album to my song list- despite bein...

• Casual Listener
  • So I like to keep my song list organized alphabetically by artist.  Before adding songs from The 1975's album from 2016, I had no issues.  However, a very strange issue occurs when I add an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is connecting to an imaginary device that doesn't exist.

I rarely use desktop. I've always used my Android (Turbo 2). It first started getting this problem a month and a half ago and I had to reinstall Spotify to make it stop. It then comes on periodically even though I disconnect from the device.Now that ...

• Casual Listener
  • I rarely use desktop. I've always used my Android (Turbo 2). It first started getting this problem a month and a half ago and I had to reinstall Spotify to make it stop. It then comes on periodically...
  • Sailentshadow
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify does not load

Hello everyone!I have this problem for two days, I hope I'm not the only one. When I start spotify it stays on the screen without carelessly logging in. I tried several times to uninstall Spotify from the Windows control panel (using Windows 10) and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone! I have this problem for two days, I hope I'm not the only one. When I start spotify it stays on the screen without carelessly logging in. I tried several times to uninstall Spotify f...
  • ImFireFox_
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes