Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify "discover weekly" playlist doesn't update without closing and reopening spotify.

Spotify "discover weekly" playlist doesn't update without closing and reopening spotify.

Playlist doesn't update if I don't restart spotify.

Proof of me closing spotify and reopening discover weekly tab. http://recordit.co/paBAWqaur4

This is what i've been doing weeks already. Getting little annoyed to start work week with closing spotify.

Windows 10, 64-bit

Spotify 1.0.53.758.gde3fc4b2

6 Replies

The same thing is happening to me. The playlist on my android phone is updated, and it will say it is playing the discover weekly playlist on my pc but none of the songs are highlighted.

This is pretty infuriating. It's been well over two months since you posted this problem and this is still happening.

Yep, been happening for ages. Have to restart spotify every Monday, without fail, or I'll never, ever receive a Discover Weekly update. I've had songs on it for 14 days once.

When I contacted support they eventually told me to unfollow and refollow the playlists and that fixed it for me. Not sure if they did something on the back end but its worth a shot.

4 months, no anwer from spotify team. Same still happening. Also confirmed that this happens on MacOS.

I'm disappointed.

It looks like the latest version has this fixed. At least, I didn't have to restart today to get the new playlist.

Suggested posts