Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly mutes and plays Weird World by Weird007

Solved!

Spotify randomly mutes and plays Weird World by Weird007

When I play music in the background, spotify randomly mutes itself and plays the Album "Weird World" by Weird007. I have never heard of this band and never listened to any of their songs. This happens completely randomly when listening to a playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey  @Y_an_ 

Sounds like your account might be compromised. Here's what you should do to get rid of this issue:

1. Read this article and follow every step under "Still have access to your account?"

2. Make sure your email account that's connected to Spotify has a strong password as well. Change it for a new (and better) one. Same goes for Facebook, if you have it connected.

This should help ensure you won't have to hear Weird World ever again. : )

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey  @Y_an_ 

Sounds like your account might be compromised. Here's what you should do to get rid of this issue:

1. Read this article and follow every step under "Still have access to your account?"

2. Make sure your email account that's connected to Spotify has a strong password as well. Change it for a new (and better) one. Same goes for Facebook, if you have it connected.

This should help ensure you won't have to hear Weird World ever again. : )

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

**bleep** same!! it's always weird007 and they're not even popular or smth which even makes it creepier. What did you do? does it still happen? it exactly started the time when you commented and finally I decided to google if someone made the same experience with weird007.

Hey, I did reset my password just like Sebasty suggested and now it seems to work just fine. I have not had to listen to them ever since. I hope it works for you as well 🙂

Suggested posts