Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

Re: Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

thenewjavaman
Casual Listener

Yesterday I downloaded Spotify again for the first time in a year and found the same issue again. However, now when I drag the window across monitors, the icon follows suit in the taskbar. That's different from a year ago, at least. 

Re: Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

Hey there,

Thanks for all your comments so far.

We've done some investigating on this and we’d really love to help with this but are unable to as it's to do with Windows rather than Spotify. We recommend getting in touch with our friends at Windows. They’ll be able to provide you with the best possible support.

Sorry we can’t do more, but let us know how you get on. We’ll be right here if you need any further assistance.
KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Hazbelll
Casual Listener
This is a blatant lie as this was not an issue whatsoever before the (Frankly terrible and completely pointless) redesign.

Please do not mislead users.

drummercrm
Music Fan

You're kidding?! No Windows application I have installed has this kind of problem. Only Spotify shows up the Icon on the wrong Taskbar! This IS a Spotify issue! This Issue is NOT solved!

brum_74
Casual Listener

How is this a windows issue?  Terrible support on this.

ikjadoon
Roadie

Katerina.

https://streamable.com/is2t3

This bug ONLY exists with Spotify.

Watch this (included in the OP) and share Spotify's actual response. I'll wait. Please do take the time to understand the problem with your software.

Most people don't bother to include a video of the bug, but I did. Please respect the time that took and please remove your "solution" immediately.

ikjadoon
Roadie

I've now removed the unfortunate solution. It's 100% incorrect and it belies a lack of investigation.

Spotify, please. View the video. I originally uploaded it here on Streamable, but it is now on YouTube, as well, so it can be embedded inside this post.

This is 100% a Spotify problem. No other programs exhibit this wrong behavior.

ikjadoon
Roadie

Here are the version numbers, as requested, Katerina. Disabling hardware acceleration is not a reliable fix.

StE1ERl

Spotify 1.1.1.348.g9064793a (Windows Store version)

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 | 1803 (OS Build 17134.648)

This is not using any beta of Spotify nor any Preview version of Windows. I am using all released, non-beta software. This can be reproduced on every Windows machine using these settings above.

Not a single person has posted: "Oh, not happening for me." That means something, Spotify...

theITfactor
Music Fan

Still having this issue in 2019...

ikjadoon
Roadie

The squeakiest wheels get oiled first. These forums and their normal support channels, as we can see, are by and far useless for actual, reproducible bugs.

For anyone with a Twitter account, you can send a private DM to @SpotifyCares and send them a link to this thread.

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

I DM'd this support account yesterday and @SpotifyCares asked the first relevant question anyone at Spotify has ever bothered to ask in at least 200 days: "What are your taskbar settings?"

Just 20 more questions, I'm sure, and Spotify will be able to muster:

>Oh, so this bug is with two monitors. We did not realize that from the first report. So, Spotify's final recommendation is to contact your monitor manufacturer (preferably the manufacturer who made the monitor where the icon does not appear) and then your local electrical utility for an appeal. Barring a resolution from them, my research shows your city council has the final appellate jurisdiction, unfortunately. Bugs about two monitors are pretty much beyond our control.

SUGGESTED POSTS