Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

Re: Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

ikjadoon
Roadie

Jokes aside, they seem to be taking the issue more seriously than the last four Spotify "team members" have taken it.

If/when they update...I'll share.

Re: Spotify's taskbar icon on the wrong monitor every single time (dual monitors)

ikjadoon
Roadie

No updates were ever made on the six-month-old tickets. They simply dropped the tickets. Poor form, Spotify.

drummercrm
Music Fan

Still not fixed. Any news so far?

ikjadoon
Roadie

Nothing. It's, of course, broken as ever. No news from any channels...just Spotify's boilerplate "OK" response to bug reports.

Two days ago:

And just this afternoon from Twitter:

Still one of the only applications I have that doesn't have a public "release notes" page or "Check for updates" button. Not an issue if you use the Microsoft Store version, but otherwise, Spotify has no concern.

This ridiculous bug still exists, 317 days later (10 months & 13 days). I'm on 1.1.1.348.g9064793a (Windows Store version). Embarrassing turnaround time. Let's hope they don't add five more bugs while fixing this one...

ikjadoon
Roadie

"Our tech folks are continuing to investigaate this backstage." Apparently, the Microsoft Store on my system states 1.1.1 is the latest Spotify version (somehow also called 1.101 in other parts of the Store).

Not sure if 1.1.2 was a desktop-only fix, but that's irrelevant for this bug.

Still no way to know what the latest version of Spotify is independently.

schteff
Regular

@Katerina

No. You are wrong. I'm a software developer myself and can clearly see that this is an issue only affecting Spotify and no other Windows app. It might of course be a bug in the framework (or any of the third party software) you are using for the app, but then you should atleast acknowledge that here and try to help get it fixed.

A similar app that doesn't have the same problem is Slack.

edit: Try googling for "windows taskbar app on wrong monitor" and this thread is close to the top result. That should give you an indication that this is no Windows-issue. 

ikjadoon
Roadie

Great points, schteff.

Still happening, Spotify. It's been 329 days (10 months and 25 days) since "escalation to the executive team".

Fix Spotify's icon with dual monitors in Windows.

• Windows 10 Pro x64 1803
  • 1.1.3.259.g8172f63a (Windows Store version)

oaKEhAC

ikjadoon
Roadie

Gotten another insane response from Spotify that "it's not the Spotify app".

2019-04-09_18-07-48.png

ikjadoon
Roadie

My follow-up messages

2019-04-09_18-51-34.png

This bug will not be fixed until 1) more people report it to Spotify and/or 2) a news site picks this up.

I've never dealt with such inept support for a paid service in 2019 as I have with Spotify.

schteff
Regular

Today it seems to work like it should for me!

Either Spotify fixed it themselves or maybe they updated like Chromium Embedded Framework or some other dependency if the problem was there. 

Same for everybody else?

Version: 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f

edit: Scratch that... seems like it started working temporarily and now it displays the icon on the wrong screen again. 
I tried restarting Spotify a couple of times, and the icon was on the correct screen, then tried restarting the computer and Spotify autostarted with the icon on the correct screen. Then I wrote the above post. And then I tried one more time to restart Spotify and the icon was on the wrong screen... This might be why Spotify has such a hard time fixing the bug, it might not be that easy to reproduce if it is not consistent. 

SUGGESTED POSTS