Premium

Country

Czech Republic 

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify version

1.0.75.485.g1f74de2c (Windows Store version)

My Question or Issue

I start the desktop client. Move it to the second screen from my main screen.

I restart the PC.

After signing to my PC the spotify client starts correctly on the second screen. HOWEVER it is shown on wrong taskbar (bar on the bottom with all the applications). I have to move spotify window from the second screen to the main screen and back to second screen for it to be correctly on second screen taskbar.

Please fix this. It is really anoying after every restart to have to move spotify to other screen and back to have it correctly on the correct taskbar....

Here is how it is wrong:

Here it is how it is correct:

Thanks

Regards Jacob

6 Replies

Hey @jakubsuchybio, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll definitely be able to help out though.

Did this start happening after an app update, or has it never worked? Also, if you haven't already given it a go, try a clean reinstall to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

I started using it in early 2018 and it never worked properly. Not critical but kind of annoying.

Tried clean reinstall and after restart it still does not show on the correct taskbar.

Hey @jakubsuchybio and @DrunkenSurgeon.

Try following these steps to see if it helps: 

1. Open the applicatio. 
  2. Re-size the window so that it is not maximized or minimized.
  3. Move the window to the monitor you want it to open on by default.
  4. Close the application.  Do not re-size prior to closing.
  5. Open the application (It should open on the monitor you just moved it to and closed it on)
  6. Maximize the window.

If that doesn't work, you should be able to move the app between your screens by clicking on the app and using Windows Key + Arrow keys.

Alternatively, there are 3rd party apps that will let you assign apps to your monitors. 

Let us know if that helps. 

The window position itself is not a problem. The taskbar icon for it is on the wrong monitor.

I have the exact same issue. In addition, maximizing the Spotify window doesn't work properly - on the first try there usually is a gap above the window. If I exit maximized mode and then go back into it, it works. This is beyond annoying. After booting my PC I 

• open Spotify - it opens on the correct screen and even maximized properly, but the taskbar icon is on the wrong taskbar,
  • so I drag the window to my main monitor and then back to the secondary screen,
  • maximize the window, which does not work properly,
  • I exit maximized mode and go back into it.

Please fix this!

Suggested posts