Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify skipping all songs

Spotify skipping all songs

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I click play on any playlist, the songs just load the title and then skip to the next one over and over again.

When I click on an individual song, the error "Spotify can't play this right now".

It was working two days ago when I first downloaded it and hasn't worked since. It's a brand new PC.

3 Replies

The Spotify program does this on Windows when it detects an error with the currect audio device. You have to either switch audio devices, restart the current audio device, or reboot Windows.

Spotify devs are terrible at conveying these sorts of issues with the end user.

It may even do this if there is no audio device to grab. There's no expection handling with bad audio devices. It expects to always get a working audio device from Windows, then shits the bed if it doesn't.

I actually just popped in here because the same thing has been happening to me since this past update, so I'm not sure it's just a conicidence. I've never experienced this glitch before and I've listened primarily on my Windows desktop for years now.

In fact, when I opened up the app after updating initially, my Liked Songs playlist behaved as if it had been cleared entirely, alleging that I had never added anything to it at all. Logging out/logging back in fixed that problem, but then it started doing what bbwoe describes.

Today I upgraded some parts on my PC, ever since then I have been having this issue. Not sure if the skipping is a result of me upgrading.

Suggested posts