Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify still doesn't work properly with chromecast audio

Spotify still doesn't work properly with chromecast audio

This has been reported on here for years.

How is it still a thing?

4 Replies

Hey there @jeffwode

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Would you mind giving us a bit more info about this issue? We'll see what we can suggest. 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novy,

I've a windows 10 machine (laptop), an s9 phone, a google home mini and a chromecast audio.

The spotify app on the laptop won't recognise the chromecast audio, but my phone does. Once I select the chromecast audio on the phone, the laptop recognises it.

At least one post claims this problem is fixed. But it isn't. I'm not sure why this is such a problem? There's not been a huge amount of clarity about this on the forums, even though it's clearly affecting a lot of users.

Nick

Also the volume when it does transfer is *very* sketchy. It seems to send the music at a low volume whilst reporting it's at max volume. If I reconnect it usually fixes the problem and reports the correct low volume, but I have very little faith that it won't do the reverse and just play at the higher volume, potentially blowing my speakers.

Hey again @jeffwode,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the extra info.

We recommend running a clean reinstall of the desktop app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

Then, restart your router by unplugging it from power for at least 15 seconds.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts