Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops after each local song

Solved!

Spotify stops after each local song

Hello,

I've got a problem with playing local files in spotify. After each song it stops playing. This weirdly enough is only the case for local songs and not for steamed songs.
I think it might have something to do with a windows update. When I found out, two days ago, I recovered my system to the state before the windows update, and then it worked again. Last night it automatically updated windows and same problem of not continuous playing occured again.

Someone with a solution? It is really annoying! 

Cheers!

292 Replies

Can you all confirm exactly where these files are stored? All locally on the same harddrive as Spotify?

Yes, mine are on the same harddrive as Spotify, mostly in my iTunes Media folder, however the problem occurs wherever the files are - on the desktop, in Downloads folder etc.

Same issue, local playback stops after each track (Streaming is fine), for me it started after a recent update i got today for my pc.  I never experienced this beforehand and tried restarting, reinstalling spotify and quicktime with no results

I am having the same problem. Streaming works fine but local files pause after each one. Quite annoying.

Same problem here - I'm playing unprotected MP3 podcasts from within the iTunes folder. Thought it might be because I'm using Windows 8 RTM preview - obviously not 🙂 My itunes folder resides on a different drive to my programs.

Spotify won't play Library or Local Files, only Playlists for me.

I've tried the numerous suggestions in this and other threads without any success.

They need to get this fixed because I hate using iTunes!

Same problem.

Just to clarify:

• Local file -> local file doesn't work, 
  • streamed file -> local file works
  • local file -> streamed file works.

Temporary solutions include to mix your playlist with local songs in between of streamed ones or pressing next song, previous song from keyboard (if you have a keyboard with those buttons). I admit that both of these solutions suck.

A lot of times i like to play music and walk away to do stuff. I dont want to come back every time. I am thinking it was a programming change that caused this because I believe Mac users are experiencing this problem as well. So I am thinking this isn't Microsoft's fault for a change.

The only solutioni to this I've found is to install an old version of Spotify (which I just happen to have lying around on an old drive). Of course the problem with that is Spotify forcibly updating itself whenever you exit Spotify, so thanks for that guys.

Ok, I found figured something out. I do have some audio files with an .MPEG-4 extention. If I play a cd whit these files it works normally and plays every single song without stopping.
It seems something to do with a codec???
Can anyone try this as well...same for you guys?

Hi everybody, I'm french and I hope my english will be good enough for make me understand ^^
I have the same problem than all of you.
The personnal songs I want to listen (mp3 format) are all in the same directory of my computer.
I find the same temporary solution with pressing next song, previous song from keyboard ... but it's not very nice when you want to listen without to be near the computer ^^
I try a lot of changes of parameters but without succes.
Thanks for you help 😉

This issue is really starting to challenge my patience. It is most definitely a problem that occured after a specific Windows update, as I was able to play my local files without problem on a fresh system. After updating, it occured once again.

Hi, I have a similar problem. Whenever I play a local song it'll go through a few seconds to a minute (depends on the song) and then Spotify will completely crash.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1) and I don't think it's a windows problem like a lot of the other people on here. It doesn't annoy me too much since I mostly listen to streamed songs, but it would be great if this were fixed. 

Same problem here. Would be nice with some feedback from Spotify on this matter, have been multiple updates since this bug started but still not solved - any focus on this at Spotify?

Same here...I thought it had something to do with corrupt files but after reading all this I can see I'm not the only one. I don't think it's a Windows update issue because I'm on a Mac, and Spotify mobile on my ipod does the same thing.

The same problem here! Funny, the problem does not exist on my fresh installed Windows PC, but it exists on another laptop. Tried installing Quicktime, audio codecs, reinstalling Spotify, none of these have helped. HELP!

Bump, same issue Windows 7, spotify 0.8.4.124.ga3559d86.  Any updates/fixes?

I already posted this elsewhere, but no reply...

I have the exact same problem. Spotify used to work fine, but about a week ago it suddenly seemed to have "lost" a lot of my local songs and since then it won't automatically play my local playlists. All of my local songs were suddenly grey and it had to add them one by one again, even though I hadn't moved them or changed them in any way.

As for the playlist problem, it plays one song, then highlights the next one and does nothing. I have to skip one song forward or backward in order for it to start playing again. After finishing the next song, it just stops again.

This is highly annoying!

I'm using Spotify 0.8.4 on a Windows 7 computer.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Spotify and Quicktime. I have cleaned the cache and have unchecked the hardware acceleration option as well as streaming in high quality. I have downloaded the codec that is recommended elsewhere on the forum.

My local files are on my hard drive, not an external one.

When streaming songs, it plays continously. It's only with local files that it refuses to keep playing.

I reverted back to version 0.6.1. and it plays local files continuously in that version. Of course as soon as I shut that version down, Spotify installed the latest version and it's back to not working! This needs to be fixed.

Help! Somebody? Anybody?

Suggested posts