Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Why can't I SEARCH FOR MY FRIENDS????!!!!

I can't search for friends to follow. A certain group of friends are all metal heads, like myself, and I can't find them to follow! Why is it that when I type in the search bar only artists come up? That makes perfect sense but it is the only place i...

• I can't search for friends to follow.  A certain group of friends are all metal heads, like myself, and I can't find them to follow!   Why is it that when I type in the search bar only ...
  • OliviaDecker
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop linking up local files to spotify catalog

This is an issue that has been driving me nuts for a while now, and I've still not been able to find a solution. When I try to play some of my local files, I notice that they're in fact NOT the files that I have on my computer, but instead versions t...

• Casual Listener
  • This is an issue that has been driving me nuts for a while now, and I've still not been able to find a solution. When I try to play some of my local files, I notice that they're in fact NOT the files...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Save button?

Didn't there use to be a "Save" button next to every album when browsing artists' overview? I now only see it on the desktop app if I click on an album/single.

• Roadie
  • Didn't there use to be a "Save" button next to every album when browsing artists' overview? I now only see it on the desktop app if I click on an album/single. 
  • pich747
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

[Bug] Local files go missing

I can successfully play songs from my local files after adding them, but after an hour or so the songs will dissappear from Spotify and gives me the message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". I can ...

• I can successfully play songs from my local files after adding them, but after an hour or so the songs will dissappear from Spotify and gives me the message "This song is not available. If you have t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: Sharing playlists with other Spotify users

Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with the removed posts from this board. Usually, posts are only removed if they are spam or just unbearably negative or toxic, but from what I've seen nothing on here is of that caliber. What I'll do is keep a close eye o...

• Community Legend
  • Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with the removed posts from this board. Usually, posts are only removed if they are spam or just unbearably negative or toxic, but from what I've seen nothing on here is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I'm trying to get my mind around this. So what Spotify is saying is that the long standing feature, where you right click one of your playlists, choose Share, and then put the username of the Spotify customer you want to share you playlist with and j...

• Visitor
  • I'm trying to get my mind around this.  So what Spotify is saying is that the long standing feature, where you right click one of your playlists, choose Share, and then put the username of the S...
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Thank you for taking your time to respond to us. I know you aren't a Spotify staff member, but your response pleases me, slightly - at least the thread got to the point of a MOD having to make a statement. For everyone else who is upset with your res...

• Casual Listener
  • Thank you for taking your time to respond to us. I know you aren't a Spotify staff member, but your response pleases me, slightly - at least the thread got to the point of a MOD having to make a stat...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Songs Spazzing out while gaming

HeyWhen I'm playing games like GTA5 or CSGO, my music randomly spazzes out and loops seconds in my songs almost every 5 secondsAny help?

• Music Fan
  • Hey When I'm playing games like GTA5 or CSGO, my music randomly spazzes out and loops seconds in my songs almost every 5 seconds Any help?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Start Spotify as a specific user from command line

I have a PC connected to the TV and stereo. Both my wife and I use it for Spotify. Is there a way I can start Spotify either as her user or mine through command line so we don't have to log out and log in again to swicth users?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a PC connected to the TV and stereo. Both my wife and I use it for Spotify. Is there a way I can start Spotify either as her user or mine through command line so we don't have to log out and l...
  • HetzeFetze
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Certain album won't play but others will

Does anyone else know why this is happening or can you replicate? This seems to be the only album on Spotify that I can't play?!

Capture.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Does anyone else know why this is happening or can you replicate? This seems to be the only album on Spotify that I can't play?!
  • bronwynproven
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

@Jacob : Hi there Jacob. I get the impression, that you have some kind of say in correlation with Spotify or maybe some sort of deeper connection with Spotify than us - the common customors - is that so??If it is - and you really mean it, when you sa...

• Regular
  • @Jacob : Hi there Jacob. I get the impression, that you have some kind of say in correlation with Spotify or maybe some sort of deeper connection with Spotify than us - the common customors - is that...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

There is no good mechanism for feedback on Spotify's forums, Facebook, or Twitter. On the forums they close ideas and voting, in other social media they take you offline and direct to a forum thread. On the forum they censor posts they don't want peo...

• Gig Goer
  • There is no good mechanism for feedback on Spotify's forums, Facebook, or Twitter. On the forums they close ideas and voting, in other social media they take you offline and direct to a forum thread....
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

In other words... Frig off! Have a wonderful day! They obviously don't care. They had no issue just removing all of our personal messages without any warning and without any explanation. Keep posting anywhere and everywhere. Here, twitter, facebook, ...

• Music Fan
  • In other words... Frig off! Have a wonderful day! 🙂   They obviously don't care. They had no issue just removing all of our personal messages without any warning and without any exp...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Hey guys. Just popping in here to say that continuing to post the idea to bring back the inbox/messaging system in the Idea Submissions sub-forum won't have any affect on Spotify's decision. They will continue to be closed in the same way I closed @C...

• Community Legend
  • Hey guys. Just popping in here to say that continuing to post the idea to bring back the inbox/messaging system in the Idea Submissions sub-forum won't have any affect on Spotify's decision. They wil...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

I like @ChicagoSnakes idea to keep posting this as an idea. Totally right that this forum for making suggestions is obviously not having any effect. I am having a hard time finding where to submit an idea though. Where can we do that?

• Casual Listener
  • I like @ChicagoSnakes idea to keep posting this as an idea.  Totally right that this forum for making suggestions is obviously not having any effect. I am having a hard time finding where t...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

How to automatically play on current device?

Super simple: I go from home computer to work computer. When I press Play - it starts playing on the last device that was playing. This is stupid for me. I want it to always start playing on the device I am using.I don't see a setting for this anywhe...

• Casual Listener
  • Super simple: I go from home computer to work computer. When I press Play - it starts playing on the last device that was playing. This is stupid for me. I want it to always start playing on the devi...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Also, bringing back this function is the NUMBER 1 ranked idea submitted on your Ideas board and by twice as many votes as your number 2 ranked idea. So..... Let's keep proposing this "IDEA" and voting on it. Even if they try to shut out our voices by...

• Roadie
  • Also, bringing back this function is the NUMBER 1 ranked idea submitted on your Ideas board and by twice as many votes as your number 2 ranked idea. So.....   Let's keep proposing this "IDEA" ...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Deej59, there is no way to share anything anymore using a user interface. In fact, there is no longer any user interface whatsoever, aside from collaborating on a playlist with someone.You can't even see who is following your playlists now. What you ...

• Roadie
  • Deej59, there is no way to share anything anymore using a user interface. In fact, there is no longer any user interface whatsoever, aside from collaborating on a playlist with someone.You can't even...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't play a folder of playlists

I can no longer play a folder of playlists on the Windows client. There is a Play button which changes to Pause when I click it, but nothing ever plays. This used to work on the Desktop client. It can be done on the iOS client using the All Song opti...

• Casual Listener
  • I can no longer play a folder of playlists on the Windows client. There is a Play button which changes to Pause when I click it, but nothing ever plays. This used to work on the Desktop client. It ca...
  • madusa
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify has to be restarted every few days.

Spotify stops being connected to the other computers every couple days and needs to be restarted on all computers to fix it. This is running on 4 machines and 1 account to control 1 music output. 1 user at a time will switch to their pc and then chan...

• Regular
  • Spotify stops being connected to the other computers every couple days and needs to be restarted on all computers to fix it.   This is running on 4 machines and 1 account to control 1 mus...
  • HetzeFetze
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes