Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Songs added to the wrong playlist

Hi, I have two playlists, the default Radio Favorites and my own. After adding some songs to my own playlist I start radio playing for this (my own) playlist. When rating a playing song with "Thumb up", why is the song added to default Radio Favorite...

• Not applicable
  • Hi,   I have two playlists, the default Radio Favorites and my own.   After adding some songs to my own playlist I start radio playing for this (my own) playlist.   When ra...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist names are not individually clickable in the links which appear under the album art

When there are multiple artists present in a single song, their names are not individually clickable in the link under the album art. They are infact individually clickable inside the playlist view. In the attachment (Open image in a new tab to see f...

• When there are multiple artists present in a single song, their names are not individually clickable in the link under the album art. They are infact individually clickable inside the playlist view.&...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble launching desktop Spotify

I have had Spotify for sometime now. I used the web palyer for quite a bit, but I have always been a fan of the desktop version. I was logged out of the desktop version and now I cannot log back in. I have tried using my facebook information, but tha...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had Spotify for sometime now. I used the web palyer for quite a bit, but I have always been a fan of the desktop version. I was logged out of the desktop version and now  I cannot log bac...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

when clicking "play" in playlist, the currently played song isn't highlighted

Hey I couldn't find my problem in the database. When open a random playlist and clicking the "play"-button next to the album cover, the currently played song isn't highlighted. But when I click at a random song in the playlist. the songs are highligh...

• Regular
  • Hey   I couldn't find my problem in the database.   When open a random playlist and clicking the "play"-button next to the album cover, the currently played song isn't highlighted. ...
  • randoem
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Feature from discover page is missing since new GUI

Hello Since you launched the new GUI I cant seem to "vote" on the discover page anymore that I like or dislike the suggestion or have I missed something?

• Not applicable
  • Hello   Since you launched the new GUI I cant seem to "vote" on the discover page anymore that I like or dislike the suggestion or have I missed something?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Spotify UI is terrible

The new Spotify UI is awful. The change from stars to "your music" is weird. If you're going to take away stars, then at least explain the new functions when you force roll onto subscribers. Also, while you can drag/drop your starred playlist into th...

• Casual Listener
  • The new Spotify UI is awful.  The change from stars to "your music" is weird.  If you're going to take away stars, then at least explain the new functions when you force roll onto subscribe...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 31 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! If a commercial plays after the last song in the playlist the last song is played again

If a commercial plays after the last song in the playlist the last song is played again after the commercial. This can repeat itself several times. I'm using version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827.

• If a commercial plays after the last song in the playlist the last song is played again after the commercial. This can repeat itself several times. I'm using version 0.9.8.296.g91f68827.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Access Withdrawn

Hi, Ive read a few of the other posts but havent been able to solve it. I keep getting this message on my laptop and then it deletes my saved playlist. This happens roughly every 2 weeks. i have only 3 devices on the account with offline access and s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Ive read a few of the other posts but havent been able to solve it.   I keep getting this message on my laptop and then it deletes my saved playlist. This happens roughly ever...
  • BarnesChrisJ91
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help Please - Ahhhhhhh

Hi I still cant get my head round the new Spotify. The background colours dont help so you cant see theup and down bar on the right hand side. Also having double spacing doesnt help due to fact it now takes ages to look at all the songs I have got on...

• Regular
  • Hi   I still cant get my head round the new Spotify. The background colours dont help so you cant see theup and down bar on the right hand side. Also having double spacing doesnt help due ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

"Your Music" lost

I really like the idea of "Your Music", so I moved over all of my playlists to "Songs" and deleted most of my playlists a day ago. However, it looks like it didn't sync or save so now I lost all of my music. Any help or ideas?

• I really like the idea of "Your Music", so I moved over all of my playlists to "Songs" and deleted most of my playlists a day ago.  However, it looks like it didn't sync or save so now I lost al...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nice looking but terribly buggy newdesktop UI

The newly updatet desktop version of Spotify looks nice, however an option to switch between a black, gray or white interface would be nice, I think it’s a little bit to dark for me.. But there are too many bugs, too many new options I do not underst...

• Casual Listener
  • The newly updatet desktop version of Spotify looks nice, however an option to switch between a black, gray or white interface would be nice, I think it’s a little bit to dark for me.. But there are...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

all songs are gone

after the new look i move all the songs i starred to the "songs" thing under "my music" my computer crashed now i look in the "songs" thing and there is no music there and because i moved them all form "starred", there's nothing in the "starred" play...

• after the new look i move all the songs i starred to the "songs" thing under "my music"   my computer crashed   now i look in the "songs" thing and there is no music there   ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Starred Favorites on Downloaded Player Missing. Still Available on Web Player.

My starred favorites are gone on desktop player but still on webplayer. This morning I had the traditional interface on the desktop player, then tonight it was totally new and my starred music was completely gone. I tried a uninstall and reinstall as...

• My starred favorites are gone on desktop player but still on webplayer.   This morning I had the traditional interface on the desktop player, then tonight it was totally new and my starred m...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Logitech Gaming Software and Spotify Don't Like Each Other

Hi- Whenever my headset is being used with Spotify (Premium, if it helps), the desktop app crashes often (Windows). I have to restart Spotify several times to get it to work, and then it doesn't work with any media keys or volume controls. I have a L...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi- Whenever my headset is being used with Spotify (Premium, if it helps), the desktop app crashes often (Windows). I have to restart Spotify several times to get it to work, and then it doesn't wo...
  • iTor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

What does the the plus and the tick signs mean on the new spotify layout?

What does the the plus and the tick signs mean on the new spotify layout? Is it obvious? ive been trying to work it out and i cant seem to understand what they mean. Bring back the old layout. It was much easier and quicker to use.

• What does the the plus and the tick signs mean on the new spotify layout? Is it obvious? ive been trying to work it out and i cant seem to understand what they mean.  Bring back the old layout...
  • DaMaZz
  • Casual Listener
  • 30 replies
  • 72 likes
  • Windows
  • 30 replies
  • 72 likes

Music breaks

I occasionally find a repeatable problem in some tracks, but there seems nowhere to report these. Only 'bugs' (in the program) seem to have a place. In "British Dance Bands 124 Dance Bands Classics" The second track "Love is sweetest thing" has a sil...

• Casual Listener
  • I occasionally find a repeatable problem in some tracks, but there seems nowhere to report these. Only 'bugs' (in the program) seem to have a place. In "British Dance Bands 124 Dance Bands C...
  • nandrews1000
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists Will Not Appear As Public

Hi, all,Seriously running my head into a wall trying to figure out what happened in transitioning to the latest version (0.9.8.296).My default setting for playlists is to make all playlists public, but my profile appears to have zero playlists, no ma...

• Regular
  • Hi, all, Seriously running my head into a wall trying to figure out what happened in transitioning to the latest version (0.9.8.296). My default setting for playlists is to make all playlists p...
  • golden_sideboob
  • 76 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 76 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Uninstalled Spotify and now it is taking forever to download. (Windows 8)

Hello, I have a premium account on Spotify, which has been great since the beginning of the year. I use it on both my computer and my phone. After the update I had issues with Spotify on Windows 8. It kept saying it was offline when I was online etc....

• Regular
  • Hello,   I have a premium account on Spotify, which has been great since the beginning of the year.   I use it on both my computer and my phone.   After the update I had is...
  • Madonesparktwo
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My post from yesterday...

Spotify, shame of you. Deleting posts that are critical of you is a bad business to be in. Yesterday i created this community account and i posted one message. Today that message is gone and i am unable to find it. It was critical of your latest upda...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify, shame of you. Deleting posts that are critical of you is a bad business to be in.   Yesterday i created this community account and i posted one message.   Today that messag...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Suggestion: Highlighting Playing vs Reviewing

In the new version, it's not easily identifiable which playist is playing versus one which is being looked at. I see the Speaker icon to the right of the playlist, but it would be better to have more. Such as italics the playing list or change the co...

• Regular
  • In the new version, it's not easily identifiable which playist is playing versus one which is being looked at. I see the Speaker icon to the right of the playlist, but it would be better to have...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes