Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback Problems(Windows 10,app)

Playback Problems(Windows 10,app)

When I play a song, the seconds bar below is slower than music.
This causes interruptions to playback.
I tried to reinstall the application from scratch (windows 10) but the problem persists.
Do I have to wait for a patch or can I fix it by myself?

3 Replies

Hey @Coruxx

One thing I can suggest is disabling hardware acceleration in the Preferences.

You could try reinstalling again (with this guide), but after uninstalling and before reinstalling go to %appdata% and delete the Spotify folder. There shouldn't be no Spotify in roaming and local (Appdata folders). Then restart the machine and reinstall the client from here.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@SebastVAIO wrote:

Hey @Coruxx

"hardware acceleration"

I have a problem of the music and playlists chopping as I play the music. I disabled the hardware acceleration. I have uninstalled and reinstall it. I even reformatted my lap top. I have windows 10 and still not working. Any help? 

Hey @sueona

In your case the seek bar (seconds bar) is working normally?

Maybe your internet connection is not too good?

One possible solution is in the power management (you're on Windows, right?), and it looks like this:
Open the Device Manager and look at the Network Adapters. Right click on them and click on properties. Then click on power management and disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

If you have an external soundcard too, then do the same thing with that.

Doing this you tell the computer not to turn those devices off or throttle their functionality to save power. It reduces latency that may cause those dropouts as well.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts