Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Soulnd
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Yeah I use SoundCloud too! But I drive for a living and travel a lot. So on top of Spotify having a great UI for night time trips, the playlist for me are better organized because I have a TON of them (also slight ocd). The sound quality of SoundClou...

• Casual Listener
  • Yeah I use SoundCloud too! But I drive for a living and travel a lot. So on top of Spotify having a great UI for night time trips, the playlist for me are better organized because I have a TON of the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

So, in other words, now is a great time to try out other streaming music services?

• Music Fan
  • So, in other words, now is a great time to try out other streaming music services?
  • 10 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 18 likes

SoundCloud for example has messaging, (with working notifications, too!) and it's a free service. So that's just not true.

• SoundCloud for example has messaging, (with working notifications, too!) and it's a free service. So that's just not true.
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify keeps "forgetting" local tracks.

Both podcasts in form of mp3's from iTunes as well as mp3's made in Audacity exported as LAME mp3's. I use Win 10 LTSB ( 10.0.14393 Build 14393 ) and Spotify version 1.0.55.487.g256699aa. This doesn't happen if I use an old version of Spotify. In fac...

• Casual Listener
  • Both podcasts in form of mp3's from iTunes as well as mp3's made in Audacity exported as LAME mp3's.   I use Win 10 LTSB ( 10.0.14393 Build 14393 ) and Spotify version 1.0.55.487.g256699a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

add errors i've seen so far, windows 10 desktop

video ads stop short.- uninstall and reinstall app. video ads on smaller ad area, under the song list that ads are normally, but not video ads- i am troubleshooting now

• Regular
  • video ads stop short.- uninstall and reinstall app.   video ads on smaller ad area, under the song list that ads are normally, but not video ads- i am troubleshooting now
  • skitsosoldier
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection Reconnect takes alot and its buggy

Spotify on windows when the internet connection gets lost the client takes alot to reconnect back , there is no try to reconnect now button or anything , the delay between each try is very long, better UX looking into this

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify on windows when the internet connection gets lost the client takes alot to reconnect back , there is no try to reconnect now button or anything , the delay between each try is very long, bett...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[deleted]

[deleted]

• Casual Listener
  • [deleted]
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! I can't make my playlist public

Hi!I have a playlist that I can't make public, for some reason (?). All my playlists are otherwise public, but when I try to make this one the same I can't even make the choice "Make public" when I right click on it. The option is grey and not possib...

• Hi! I have a playlist that I can't make public, for some reason (?). All my playlists are otherwise public, but when I try to make this one the same I can't even make the choice "Make public" w...
  • Supakoolkid
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes

Added dates keep resetting

My main playlist has a problem with songs I added years ago having their "date added" reset to the current day fairly often. It really ruins the flow of my playlist so if there's a solution I'd be glad for it. This only happens on the desktop app and...

• Casual Listener
  • My main playlist has a problem with songs I added years ago having their "date added" reset to the current day fairly often. It really ruins the flow of my playlist so if there's a solution I'd be gl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit track plays edited version on desktop, but then explicit on mobile

The song "This Is The Best" by USS, while showing that it's explicit, only plays as an edited version on the desktop player. When I play it on my phone, it properly plays as the explicit version. What's up with this? It really takes away from the lis...

• The song "This Is The Best" by USS, while showing that it's explicit, only plays as an edited version on the desktop player. When I play it on my phone, it properly plays as the explicit version. Wha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Waiting for connection...

Hello. My Spotify app in Windows 8.1 is not downloading the playlists I've marked to listen offline.However, my phone is able to download them. Both devices are on the same WiFi network. Spotify is added to my Firewall exceptions. I've tried reinstal...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. My Spotify app in Windows 8.1 is not downloading the playlists I've marked to listen offline. However, my phone is able to download them. Both devices are on the same WiFi network. Spotify is...
  • iharalu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists dont work

When I click on a playlist there is no button for shuffle. There are just buttons with follow and play. When I click on it it plays one Song from the Playlist for one second, then the next Song plays for one second ....

• When I click on a playlist there is no button for shuffle. There are just buttons with follow and play. When I click on it it plays one Song from the Playlist for one second, then the next Song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Decide - is it preferences or settings?

Your dialogues often say things like "When your music ends, we continue playing similar songs to you. You can turn this off in settings". Except Spotify desktop doesn't have a settings menu - it's called preferences - when you click on it - yes it sa...

• Regular
  • Your dialogues often say things like "When your music ends, we continue playing similar songs to you. You can turn this off in settings".    Except Spotify desktop doesn't have a settings...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot queue songs or see queue!

I've been having problems with the Windows desktop for a few weeks now. I cannot queue songs and when I look at my play queue it shows up as empty (see image). I don't know how to fix this at all and it's quite annoying not being able to queue songs ...

spotify.PNG
  • I've been having problems with the Windows desktop for a few weeks now. I cannot queue songs and when I look at my play queue it shows up as empty (see image). I don't know how to fix this at all and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly connects to android phone when app is running in background

Hi, First of, I never seem to be able to find information on this forum, so if this is a double post, please point me in the right direction. When I use spotify on my Windows 10 pc at home, sometimes (possibly due to wifi problems) halfway through a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   First of, I never seem to be able to find information on this forum, so if this is a double post, please point me in the right direction.   When I use spotify on my Windows 10 pc ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

friend feed missing 1.0.55 update

Windows PC version (Desktop) friends feed is missing, friends feed went missing using version 1.0.55... friends feed was visiable at first but when i logged into spoity today *5/26/2017 its now suddenly gone missing, its showing none of my FB friends...

• Casual Listener
  • Windows PC version (Desktop) friends feed is missing, friends feed went missing using version 1.0.55... friends feed was visiable at first but when i logged into spoity today *5/26/2017 its now sudde...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

issue connecting on desktop and android

Hi there, I'm a spotify premium user in ireland and have been having difficulty getting access to my account today. It's telling me it won't connect and can't open or play music, hope you can help. Kind regards, Cian

• Hi there,    I'm a spotify premium user in ireland and have been having difficulty getting access to my account today. It's telling me it won't connect and can't open or play music, hope ...
  • rossi1911
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Disable Spotify from Auto updating upon Startup

As title says, please add option to Disable Spotify from Auto updating upon Startup as it becomes annoying. Thanks

• As title says, please add option to Disable Spotify from Auto updating upon Startup as it becomes annoying.   Thanks
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Installation - again and again!

Hello there!Everytime I open Spotify on my laptop, using the direct access on the desktop, it says "installation program" ad shows the spotify icon on a box. It's annoying, because it's been istalled for a while, and also, it takes more time to start...

• Hello there! Everytime I open Spotify on my laptop, using the direct access on the desktop, it says "installation program" ad shows the spotify icon on a box. It's annoying, because it's been i...
  • Leonardo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is Discover Weekly discontinued?

Hi there!I noticed Discover Weekly hasn't updated in weeks. I just read that two days ago the guy behind it left Spotify for Instagram (https://www.recode.net/2017/5/22/15674716/matthew-ogle-spotify-instagram-discover-weekly) so I wonder if this wond...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there! I noticed Discover Weekly hasn't updated in weeks. I just read that two days ago the guy behind it left Spotify for Instagram (https://www.recode.net/2017/5/22/15674716/matthew-ogle-spotif...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes