Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Change language settings

I have a problem with the language settings after I change and restart no change appear and keep return to the default setting. I have tried both the classic desktop - and Windows Store version, and it's the same pattern.

• I have a problem with the language settings after I change and restart no change appear and keep return to the default setting. I have tried both the classic desktop - and Windows Store version, and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to "open containing folder"

The title pretty much states the issue. To make my problem easier to follow, I'll write it out in the steps that it happened in and what I've done.1. Many years ago, I had spotify on a desktop. I had downloaded a LOT of music onto it and had most of ...

• Casual Listener
  • The title pretty much states the issue. To make my problem easier to follow, I'll write it out in the steps that it happened in and what I've done. 1. Many years ago, I had spotify on a desktop. I h...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Trouble downloading Spotify to my Vaio.

I have re-downloaded Spotify to my desktop however, when I go to open to Application I am greeted by a pop up saying Spotify is already running but not responding. How am I able to get around this problem? Thanks in advance

• Casual Listener
  • I have re-downloaded Spotify to my desktop however, when I go to open to Application I am greeted by a pop up saying Spotify is already running but not responding. How am I able to get around this pr...
  • danielhtmurphy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify wont open

yes i have spotify on my computer and up until recently has been working well but lately it just wont open and click on it i do run as admin and nothing happens i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling i have turned off antivirus and still nothing ...

• yes i have spotify on my computer and up until recently has been working well but lately it just wont open and click on it i do run as admin and nothing happens i have tried uninstalling and reinstal...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song is not avaible

When I play on the pc a playlist, it always comes back, that the current title can not be played. I go back a track and again, the track can be played at once. how can that be

• Casual Listener
  • When I play on the pc a playlist, it always comes back, that the current title can not be played. I go back a track and again, the track can be played at once. how can that be
  • tommY1213
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 problem

Hello,since I updates my laptop with the creators update in spring the Spotify Program for Windows doesn't work for me anymore. It mostly freezes my laptop, so even the mouse cant move anymore. After many clean-installs, driver-checks and so on I tri...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, since I updates my laptop with the creators update in spring the Spotify Program for Windows doesn't work for me anymore. It mostly freezes my laptop, so even the mouse cant move anymore...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps freezing up Windows!

Everytime I open Spotify on my Windows 10, it tries to load, then freezes up my whole computer, even my mouse. Ctrl+Alt+Delete doesn't work so I have to do a hard restart. I've tried installing/uninstalling Flash, Enabling/Unenabling firewalls but th...

• Everytime I open Spotify on my Windows 10, it tries to load, then freezes up my whole computer, even my mouse. Ctrl+Alt+Delete doesn't work so I have to do a hard restart. I've tried installing/...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't maximize properly on my second monitor

Attached is what happens when I try to maximize Spotify on my second monitor. I'm able to maximize it on my primary monitor which is 3200x1800. My secondary monitor is 2560x1440 but won't maximize properly at that or any other resolution. My OS is Wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Attached is what happens when I try to maximize Spotify on my second monitor. I'm able to maximize it on my primary monitor which is 3200x1800. My secondary monitor is 2560x1440 but won't maximize pr...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! [Windows 10] Randomly stops playing

Brief description of the issue: Spotify client just stopping after around 20 or 30 songs.Steps to reproduce the issue:Start a radio (doesn't matter which)Let it play through 20 to 30 songsWhat steps you’ve tried already:Reinstalled SpotifyInstalled K...

WX9YgOAqSIybWE3h-n7xyg QTz4DNA1T8OIGbiYQjMDUA
  • Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: Spotify client just stopping after around 20 or 30 songs. Steps to reproduce the issue: Start a radio (doesn't matter which) Let it play through 20 to 30 song...
  • halitalf
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Collaboration Question

I'm new to this, so please bear with me. But from the forums, help, and community, I cannot find the correct answer to this. If I make a playlist collaborative, can it be limited to a single friend, or is this across all friends or whoever follows? I...

• Regular
  • I'm new to this, so please bear with me. But from the forums, help, and community, I cannot find the correct answer to this.   If I make a playlist collaborative, can it be limited to a single...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

Local file settings need 2 changes: 1) We need the ability to manually delete them because it doesn't do this even if we delete the songs from the local file 2) If we update the title/artist/album, it does not update in the local list once it has bee...

• Regular
  • Local file settings need 2 changes:   1) We need the ability to manually delete them because it doesn't do this even if we delete the songs from the local file   2) If we update the tit...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Windows Desktop Player - Hangs on Startup and Not Starting

Hi - over the past weeks (since recent desktop player updates) I've been having problems where the Spotify Windows hangs on startup and will not start. I've tried the solutions suggested elsewhere but the problem just returns after a short time. I co...

• Regular
  • Hi - over the past weeks (since recent desktop player updates) I've been having problems where the Spotify Windows hangs on startup and will not start. I've tried the solutions suggested elsewhere bu...
  • k-wa
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't connect to the Internet

Hello everyone, i have this small issue with spotify since yesterday. On my Desktop App spotify says i can't connect to the Internet.All other Internet functions are working just fine.This is what i tried so far:Reinstall Spotify,Restart Computer,Res...

• Hello everyone,   i have this small issue with spotify since yesterday.   On my Desktop App spotify says i can't connect to the Internet. All other Internet functions are working just ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download Song from Spotify Premium

Is there any way you can download songs with Spotify Premium? As a musician I would be very good to have the possibility, because I could transcribe complete songs and solos with the superior sound quality that has Spotify Premium.

• Is there any way you can download songs with Spotify Premium? As a musician I would be very good to have the possibility, because I could transcribe complete songs and solos with the superior sound q...
  • gryffyn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

is there a way to upload my music to playlist and then removing from my local files?

Well, i have a youtube channel where i would like to upload the musics to the spotify, the thing is that i have to get this music stored on my computer or it will disappear. isn't there a way to keep music on my spotify playlist after i deleted them ...

• Casual Listener
  • Well, i have a youtube channel where i would like to upload the musics to the spotify, the thing is that i have to get this music stored on my computer or it will disappear. isn't there a way to keep...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there any costumer support?

Since i haven't gotten an aswer to my previous post i'm wondering if there is any costumer support. I'm really thinking of unsubscribing to spotify since what happended to my library or if it doesn't have any solution. Thanks.

• Regular
  • Since i haven't gotten an aswer to my previous post i'm wondering if there is any costumer support. I'm really thinking of unsubscribing to spotify since what happended to my library or if it doesn't...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Can't play the current song" error message

For the past two days I cannot play any songs on my Windows machine. I click play and 1-2 seconds later the message "Can't play the current song" appears in a blue outline. I've restarted the application several times. That makes no difference. How t...

• Casual Listener
  • For the past two days I cannot play any songs on my Windows machine.  I click play and 1-2 seconds later the message "Can't play the current song" appears in a blue outline.  I've restarted...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Display Option

In my spotify display options, I don't have the option to enable the Song-Popup UI, help please!

• Casual Listener
  • In my spotify display options, I don't have the option to enable the Song-Popup UI, help please!
  • xHowlx
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Win 10 Store App: Offline Storage Loc Not Saved

It won't save a change to the offline storage location in advanced preferences in the newly downloaded Windows 10 Store version of the app.

• Gig Goer
  • It won't save a change to the offline storage location in advanced preferences in the newly downloaded Windows 10 Store version of the app.
  • notebene
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

music very soft

Hi, Music that i play from spotify is very soft on my bluetooth speaker. Other players play the music very louder. regards, Sander

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Music that i play from spotify is very soft on my bluetooth speaker. Other players play the music very louder.   regards,   Sander
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes