Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Windows 10 desktop app login screen scrambled, app crashes with FB login

I just installed the Spotify Windows desktop app for the first time on my work PC. Unfortunately, I can't log in and listen to anything.When the app was installed I was presented with the attached screen. All the text is scrambled on the login screen...

• Casual Listener
  • I just installed the Spotify Windows desktop app for the first time on my work PC. Unfortunately, I can't log in and listen to anything. When the app was installed I was presented with the attache...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Summer Rewind - See You Next Summer :not working

Hi!The playlist mentioned not working. Is it some new feature like "Discover Weekly" "Release Radar" or Daily mixes ? I get only error: "Sorry, you weren't using Spotify enough in previous summers to create a Summer Rewind, but you can listen to our ...

• Roadie
  • Hi! The playlist mentioned not working. Is it some new feature like "Discover Weekly" "Release Radar" or Daily mixes ? I get only error: "Sorry, you weren't using Spotify enough in previous summers ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Release notifications no longer work via Email

First the desktop notifications get killed off, now I don't even get Email notifications anymore. It was annoying to adapt, but I could deal with it. But for over a month now I didn't receive a single Email from Spotify that wasn't advertisement for ...

• Gig Goer
  • First the desktop notifications get killed off, now I don't even get Email notifications anymore. It was annoying to adapt, but I could deal with it. But for over a month now I didn't receive a singl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app restarts windows 10 after a while of not using it.

Hi, the title explains very well what's happening. After a while of not using the pc with the Spotify app opened (doesn't matter if running an album or iddle) windows restarts.The weird thing is that only happen if i'm not using the pc. This is happe...

• Hi, the title explains very well what's happening. After a while of not using the pc with the Spotify app opened (doesn't matter if running an album or iddle) windows restarts. The weird thing is th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists Not Syncing Until Client Restart

Playlists don't seem to sync anymore until I restart the client. This includes both personal and spotify generated (Discover Weekly, Release Radar) playlists, as well as daily mixes.

• Regular
  • Playlists don't seem to sync anymore until I restart the client. This includes both personal and spotify generated (Discover Weekly, Release Radar) playlists, as well as daily mixes.
  • JamesHelps
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY IS NOT UPDATING

i cant seem to be able to update spotify i uninstalled it two three times and reinstalled it still when i click on the arrow with the blue point it loads but then its still not updated dont know what to do

• Casual Listener
  • i cant seem to be able to update spotify i uninstalled it two three times and reinstalled it still when i click on the arrow with the blue point it loads but then its still not updated dont know what...
  • JamesHelps
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why are some music grayed out?

I have spotify premium and i noticed that some songs aren't playable. Please, don't tell me its that "Not available in your country" thing.....

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium and i noticed that some songs aren't playable. Please, don't tell me its that "Not available in your country" thing.....
  • JamesHelps
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Format Incompatable With Windows 7

My old ASUS laptop PC Notebook died several months ago. I had been using Windows 10 for about one year prior to that. Since that time I have purchased a Dell Latitude Model E5530 which was refurbished. The operating system for my new used laptop is W...

• My old ASUS laptop PC Notebook died several months ago. I had been using Windows 10 for about one year prior to that. Since that time I have purchased a Dell Latitude Model E5530 which was refurbishe...
  • HetzeFetze
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic updates

Hello,I have an issue with automatic updates. I don't want them! The newest version of Spotify doesn't work on my computer and for now it doesnt't seem like it is going to change so I want to keep the older version of the program. Unfortunately, I ca...

• Regular
  • Hello, I have an issue with automatic updates. I don't want them! The newest version of Spotify doesn't work on my computer and for now it doesnt't seem like it is going to change so I want to keep ...
  • emilia_st
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify automatically skips through my songs

basically what is happening is that spotify plays my songs for less than a second each, and zooms through all of the songs on my playlist. this is a school laptop i am using, which i bring home with me. im not sure how to fix computer related problem...

• basically what is happening is that spotify plays my songs for less than a second each, and zooms through all of the songs on my playlist. this is a school laptop i am using, which i bring home with ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes in latest version (1.0.56.451.gb2f539fc)

In the latest version of my favorite music app on desktop :), everything is going better... except for one thing! When i try to delete more than a thousand songs (not in a playlist, but saved songs), the app is crashing my computer... i thought, mayb...

• Regular
  • In the latest version of my favorite music app on desktop :), everything is going better... except for one thing! When i try to delete more than a thousand songs (not in a playlist, but saved songs),...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't load my playlists on web player

My playlists won't load when using web player. I'm using latest version of Windows and Explorer. It comes eup with a spinning loading icon, but nothing happens!

• My playlists won't load when using web player. I'm using latest version of Windows and Explorer. It comes eup with a spinning loading icon, but nothing happens!    
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

"Something went wrong. We can't seem to find the artist."

Been getting this error message ("Something went wrong. We can't seem to find the artist.") all morning. It shows up for any artist I try. I've tried ending the spotify processes and relaunching the app, but nothing is fixing the issue. I'm able to s...

• Been getting this error message ("Something went wrong. We can't seem to find the artist.") all morning. It shows up for any artist I try. I've tried ending the spotify processes and relaunching the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files

I just got a new PC and re-downloaded all my music. The files are going into local file but will not play. Whenever i attempt to play pne i get an error message(see attached file). The files are in mp3 format and worked just fine on my last pc

• I just got a new PC and re-downloaded all my music. The files are going into local file but will not play. Whenever i attempt to play pne i get an error message(see attached file). The files are in m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No quiet time

We use Spotify at the Office to play background music, usualy via Radio or Playlists. But when the chosen Radio station finishes we get an eery silence in the room How can we set it up so there is never any down time - so that Spotify just keeps on p...

• We use Spotify at the Office to play background music, usualy via Radio or Playlists.    But when the chosen Radio station finishes we get an eery silence in the room   How can we ...
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cannot start a radio

I've subscribed recently to Spotify, and I've heard about the feature to start a "Radio" from any song, band or album, but unfortunately this feature doesn't show up in the desktop player. I can access it only from the web player. I'm attaching two s...

• Regular
  • I've subscribed recently to Spotify, and I've heard about the feature to start a "Radio" from any song, band or album, but unfortunately this feature doesn't show up in the desktop player. I can acce...
  • benlitz
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

No es posible reproducir la canción actual (1.0.56.451.gb2f539fc)

He descargo hoy día 13/06/2017 Spotify para Windows (1.0.56.451.gb2f539fc) y cada vez que finaliza una canción de un álbum o lista de reproducción, se para y sale el mensaje "No es posible reproducir la canción actual". Si le doy al botón siguiente o...

• He descargo hoy día 13/06/2017 Spotify para Windows (1.0.56.451.gb2f539fc)  y cada vez que finaliza una canción de un álbum o lista de reproducción, se para y sale el mensaje "No es posible repr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re-select high quality button after each update

Hi Spotify,I have to reselect the high quality button on spotify after each update again. This is really annoying. How can I solve this? And if this can't be solved, can Spotify fix this issue with an update? Thanks in advanceHidde

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify, I have to reselect the high quality button on spotify after each update again. This is really annoying. How can I solve this? And if this can't be solved, can Spotify fix this issue with...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping next song after relaunching

Whenever I have to close Spotify for a while and then reopen it, it skips the song that was supposed to play next. Also, if I closed it when it was playing the last song on the queue, it just goes back to the beginning of the album/playlist/whatever ...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I have to close Spotify for a while and then reopen it, it skips the song that was supposed to play next. Also, if I closed it when it was playing the last song on the queue, it just go...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song doesn't start at beginning

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I noticed that a track on spotify starts at 0:14 seconds everytime, it is kinda annoying and I do not know how to fix it. It is just 1 song no others.It is in a country playlist. Well I know this is short but I hope...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,    I hope someone can help me.   I noticed that a track on spotify starts at 0:14 seconds everytime, it is kinda annoying and I do not know how to fix it.   It i...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes