Premium

Country

UK

Device

PC

Operating System

Win 10 

My Question or Issue

Spotify will play anything between 3-50 songs (varies every time) and will just stop playing audio but song keeps running, I am unable to pause or skip and it requires "End Task" in Task Manager as closing it and reopening says its not responding, the same issue happens when playing on browser as well. But it is fine on my Android devices, TV and even if I stream from my PC to my Chromecast the issue does not happen.

6 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Could you try to disable Hardware Acceleration? Just click on the … top left corner, inside the View tab find Hardware Acceleration and next click on it to disable then confirm to restart Spotify.
Also, if you don't use local files try to disable them inside Settings.

Make sure Spotify is up to date. I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I am having the same issue. I have tried each of your suggestions but it continues to have this issue.

Spotify version: 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b

The weird thing is that this happens on my phone too. iPhone 6s, latest IOS Spotify test build. 

I have done everything you mentioned and I am still getting the same issue.

My version is 1.0.99.250.g936eab8d

On Windows 10 Pro version 1803

Try that:

I'd suggest checking your hosts file, that may cause the issue.

You'll need administrator rights. 🙂

Try this:

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

You can also try removing all lines to see what happens.

For what it's worth, this seems to have stopped being an issue for me in the last couple of weeks. I checked my hosts file but it didn't have anything in it.  

Suggested posts