Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify too slow, can't handle large playlists

Spotify too slow, can't handle large playlists

I have a playlist with 8,500 songs- When I try to search through this playlist it takes over 1 minute now. It also freezes my desktop client. When I want to pause a song while the search is performaning, it does not react and also takes a very long time until the song finally pauses. With search times in my playlist for over 1 minute it makes absolutely no sense anymore to check for duplicate songs. To check an album I would need over 10 minutes.

Why does the Spotify and the desktop client have such a terrible bad performance? I mean, we are constantly told that our music collection should now be online but then the system breaks apart, when you have over 8,000 songs in a playlist. And no, I don't want to split this playlist into several playlists only because Spotfiy is too slow.

4 Replies

Hey there @Tom7777777,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We understand how important your music is to you and that you don't want to split your playlist into several smaller ones.

For the time being there are technical limitations, so there is not other solution to get the app running faster. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we've passed it on to the right team. We're constantly trying to improve the user experience of Spotify and hope that it will cater better to your needs in the future.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have been having the same problem for over half a year now and with the size of the playlist growing, it´s getting worse and worse. Hope you will solve it soon

Also if I may recommend. Spotify Playlist Manager can be quite useful if you want to manage your bigger playlists.

Try using a hashtable 🙂 @spotify

Suggested posts