Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify too slow on mobile

Spotify too slow on mobile

I'm using Google Translate, if someone does not understand, sorry.

I use the Android operating system

Well, recently an update occurred in the application (version: 8.4.56.803), after this update the application simply started to have a gigantic slowness, a relative of mine is also with this problem, I even thought it could be just me, especially when I changed of memory card (I expanded it more to be able to put more songs) the problem of all this is that it was before updating the application, that is to say. I do not think it's because of the card, not least because other people have also complained about it, even in Google Play comments on the application's installation site. I would like to know an answer regarding this, if you are already aware, if this really is a bug because of the update, or anything of the sort. I did not find another method to contact where it gets a quick response, because I will be traveling soon and I would like to be with my Playlists downloaded, but after the update, one of the times I uninstalled and reinstalled the application and downloaded again all my playlists, songs from nothing were "deleted" from the download.

If someone else has this problem, how?

5 Replies

Hey @Liniker, welcome to the community!

Spotify is releasing a new version for Android as we speak. Let's make sure yours is up to date before testing this again.

If you're already running version 8.4.57 and you're still experiencing this issue, try reinstalling Spotify to see if it helps.

Keep me posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I had the same problem. Very, very slow when pulling up playlists. Often unusable. Was running 8.4.57, deleted everything and reinstalled, still have the same problem. Anytime I go to "playlists" I get the spinning green ring while I wait and wait, then when the lists finally come up, I get another long wait when I click on a folder. Let me know what I can do. Thanks. 

Hey @backsliding.

Sorry to hear you're having this issue as well.

Just to confirm, around how much free space do you have on your device? Also, around how many playlists and folders do you have so far?

In the meantime, try using a different internet connection to see if it behaves the same.

All the best.

I have 30+ gigs available on my 64gig phone so that's not the problem.

I've been a paying customer for many years and probably have in the
neighborhood of 1,500 playlists and a couple of hundred folders. I had
pretty much the same number a year ago, and did not have the problems I'm
having now.

It went from "working fine" to "borderline unusable" overnight.

Thanks.

Thanks for getting back to us with this info.

Just to confirm, did you try using the app on a different internet connection to test it out?

Also, do you happen to have a different mobile device you could use to see if it behaves the same?

Keep us posted.

Suggested posts