Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Recently I've started having an issue that I never had before. Anytime my bluetooth headset disconnects the Spotify program becomes unresponsive. The song is still playing but I can't stop it and I can't click on anything on the program at all. If I reconnect the headset it doesn't revert back to playing the music through the headset again and it is still unresponsive. Windows is correctly changing back to the headset as the default output device upon reconnecting which I confirmed by listening to a youtube video while manually disconnecting and reconnecting my headset and it works fine. I have to restart Spotify to get it to work again. I walk away from my desk quite often and my headset disconnects and automatically reconnects when I come back in range. This has always worked in the past and now in the past months or so it does not anymore and I can't figure out why. Any ideas?

3 Replies

I have the exact same problem and it is annoying as heck.  I have to open the Windows Task Manager and manually kill off the spotify.exe tasks and reopen Spotify every time my bluetooth earbuds disconnect.

Perhaps I can make your life a little easier. This is what I'm doing until I can figure out how to actually fix this issue. taskkill /F /FI "IMAGENAME eq Spotify.exe" start "" "C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe" Copy that and save it as a .txt file and be sure to change it to your username and then change the file extension to .bat then you can double click that file to kill the spotify task and reopen it. I even assigned the file to one of my empty mouse buttons I wasn't using so I just push a button on my mouse to run this batch file.

Same issue here. I think this is a problem with the latest update, it appears to no longer automatically switch the audio output to whatever the "default" of the computer is. Happens whenever I disconnect from bluetooth or jack out headphones; the app stops functioning, if you close it then try to open again, it says spotify is not responding and you have to kill all the instances in task manager. Never had this issue before recent update. (Win7, desktop)

Suggested posts