Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Playlist Not Fully Loading in WebPlayer

I've seen posts with identical issues dating back years but none of the solutions that seemed to work periodically for others have not worked for me. I have a long playlist (about 400 songs) and it won't load fully, only about the first 100 or so son...

• Casual Listener
  • I've seen posts with identical issues dating back years but none of the solutions that seemed to work periodically for others have not worked for me. I have a long playlist (about 400 songs) and it w...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist help!

Hi music lovers! I need help getting back my playlist that I put songs in a very specific order on. I just downloaded the app vs using the browser and was trying to move the date added colum to swap in the song length (way more useful imo) and instea...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi music lovers! I need help getting back my playlist that I put songs in a very specific order on. I just downloaded the app vs using the browser and was trying to move the date added colum to ...
  • heavyish
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on my desktop lags when it is the active window. Why?

Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC (a gaming PC) Operating System Win 10 My Question or Issue This only started very recently, but now when I click on Spotify, making it the active window on my desktop, my computer lags heavily.It is like my re...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC (a gaming PC) Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue This only started very recently, but now when I click on Spotify, making...
  • TitusPolitus
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Active Window
    Lag
    stuttering
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Shuffle Play is Still Horribly Broken

Since 2014 as evidenced by multiple reports, shuffle play has been having issues with replaying the same tracks over and over and over again. What's the point of having a playlist of 200 songs if Spotify only plays 30 of them. I understand that Spoti...

• Since 2014 as evidenced by multiple reports, shuffle play has been having issues with replaying the same tracks over and over and over again. What's the point of having a playlist of 200 songs if Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Shuffle Algorithm
    Shuffle play
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Every song skips to the next track part way through being played.

PlanPremiumCountryUK DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe last few days, I have had a problem where the songs being played keep skipping to the next track. I can't get through more than about 30 seconds of each song.I've noticed...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The last few days, I have had a problem where the songs being played keep skipping to the n...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Error 18

Plan PremiumPaísArgentna DispositivoComputadora de escritorioSistema operativowindows 7 Mi pregunta o problema Hola necesito que me ayuden con un problema. Sin queres se me elimino spotify de la pc y al querer reinstalarlo me salta un error,erro 18 p...

• Plan  Premium País Argentna   Dispositivo Computadora de escritorio Sistema operativo windows 7   Mi pregunta o problema  Hola necesito que me ayuden con un problema. S...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Discovered On" section on artists profiles gone again..

Discovered On section on artists profiles gone again.. What's going on Spotify? They keep doing this periodilcally. I don't see how this is not intentional.

• Roadie
  •    Discovered On section on artists profiles gone again..  What's going on Spotify?  They keep doing this periodilcally. I don't see how this is not intentional. 
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple Error Messages and Crashing with Spotify Free (Windows 7)

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 I am running Spotify Free on a Desktop PC with Windows 7. About a month ago, I began getting error messages, along with other problems with always require re-starting the Spotify app. Incl...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 7   I am running Spotify Free on a Desktop PC with Windows 7.  About a month ago, I began getting error messages,...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify adding songs without authority?

PlanFree/PremiumOperating System(Android/Windows,etc.) My Question or Issue I recently added just a few tracks to a new playlist to take a listen to later. The next time I went to it Spotify had decided to randomly add about 20 songs without my say s...

• Roadie
  • Plan Free/Premium Operating System (Android/Windows,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I recently added just a few tracks to a new playlist to take a listen to later. The next time I went ...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

One Track suddenly stopped then the Spotify App didn't run

PlanFreeCountry PhilippinesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueWhen I played my playlist and then this track "RESET (feat. Jinsil) - Tiger TK, Jinsil" comes next and is being played, after 3seconds the song stopped and the app/...

• Plan Free Country  Philippines Device Desktop Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue When I played my playlist and then this track "RESET (feat. Jinsil) - Tiger TK, Jin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop will not sync to mobile

I've had this issue for many months and have read about others experiencing this with little success. Spotify desktop and mobile simply do not reflect the same song likes. I'll like a track on my mobile and it will not be reflected on desktop until s...

• I've had this issue for many months and have read about others experiencing this with little success.  Spotify desktop and mobile simply do not reflect the same song likes. I'll like a track ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Shuffle" plays small portion of songs, in the same order every time

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have shuffle enabled on my library of a few hundred songs. The result is the same 15-20 songs played in the exact same order every time. I tried re-installing the app: same ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have shuffle enabled on my library of a few hundred songs. The result is the same 15-20 songs pla...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Media overlay keys not disabled after app restart

Premium, Windows x64 Windows 10 Installed through Windows Store and Installed through installer - tried both ways. I know this topic is well known but not enough tested. I'm still having this issue on 1.0.93.244.g1e3a05e7 (Windows Store version)https...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium, Windows x64 Windows 10   Installed through Windows Store and Installed through installer - tried both ways.   I know this topic is well known but not enough tested. I'm still h...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Playing songs not in playlist?

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDevicedesktop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue My playlist is playing songs that I removed from my playlist.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device desktop   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  My playlist is playing songs that I removed from my playlist.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove all songs without a check mark

I want to remove all the songs in my "Liked From Radio" that don't have a check mark. But, I can't sort by checked/unchecked so I can't highlight a large group all at once and delete. I also don't want to spend hours going through there and doing it ...

• I want to remove all the songs in my "Liked From Radio" that don't have a check mark. But, I can't sort by checked/unchecked so I can't highlight a large group all at once and delete. I also don't wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Duplicate in Spotify

Premium AccountUSALenovo X1 ThinkpadWindows 10 Hi. Some have had a similar issue, but reinstalling Spotify doesn't help mine. Some local files show up as duplicates. There's only one copy on my local storage, all flashram. No idea why this happening....

• Premium Account USA Lenovo X1 Thinkpad Windows 10   Hi.  Some have had a similar issue, but reinstalling Spotify doesn't help mine. Some local files show up as duplicates.  There'...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes when trying to feed an ad.

PlanFreeCountry: USA DeviceMacbook Pro Operating SystemmacOS 10.13.10 My Question or IssueThe app will freeze on some ads while at work. Talked to IT security and they said these ads are alerting the firewall of malware. They're likely just looking f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country: USA   Device Macbook Pro  Operating System macOS 10.13.10     My Question or Issue The app will freeze on some ads while at work. Talked to IT securi...
  • lyle85213
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Error, Stange sounds, All devices

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 10, Samsung Galaxy, NotebookOperating SystemiOS 10, Android, Windows 10 My Question or Issue:Hi, there have been some problem when Spotify added this song. Listen in the end, alot of strange noise and so on. Please fix this, i...

• Plan Premium Device iPhone 10, Samsung Galaxy, Notebook Operating System iOS 10, Android, Windows 10   My Question or Issue: Hi, there have been some problem when Spotify added this song...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Web Player a total disaster

It is amazing that with so many people complaining about problems with Web Player they don't fix the problem or allow us to just quit this disastrous option. I DON'T want Web player. It messes my Spotify program in windows 10. Songs keep skipping whe...

• Regular
  •   It is amazing that with so many people complaining about problems with Web Player they don't fix the problem or allow us to just quit this disastrous option. I DON'T want Web player. It messe...
  • mastix
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to move songs around

PremiumUSA Windows 10 My Question or Issue On my windows 10 system with prem package thru playstaion music yesterday I was able to add a song to a play list and then move it around to fit where i wanted it to go in the list on my computer. I can stil...

• Casual Listener
  •     Premium USA  Windows 10   My Question or Issue  On my windows 10 system with prem package thru playstaion music yesterday I was able to add a song to a play list a...
  • upirlikhyi
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes