Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Guide: How to fix "No sound" in the desktop application Spotify Windows 10

After the first launch of the application, I had a problem, when playing a playlist, the song plays, but there is no sound. And so on how to fix it: The solution is quite simple, just start any other song from the same playlist. I hope this decision ...

• After the first launch of the application, I had a problem, when playing a playlist, the song plays, but there is no sound. And so on how to fix it: The solution is quite simple, just start any other...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

It is 2018, let us move the volume banner to different corners, and fix the small volume bug

Yes you can make it smaller to just the volume in advanced settings, but everytime time I restart Spotify forgets it, and again I have the intrustive Volume and name / artist. Why not allow us to adjust the time it is shown? better yet why not allow ...

• Regular
  • Yes you can make it smaller to just the volume in advanced settings, but everytime time I restart Spotify forgets it, and again I have the intrustive Volume and name / artist.   Why not allow ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify grey screen.

Basically what the title says.Every time since yesterday when i try to turn on Spotify all i get is a grey screen and nothing else happens. Ill add a screenshot.I have seen other people have this problem and tried various solutions yet none of them h...

• Casual Listener
  •   Basically what the title says. Every time since yesterday when i try to turn on Spotify all i get is a grey screen and nothing else happens. Ill add a screenshot. I have seen other people h...
  • Grongle
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does Spotify needs so much hardware space?

Hello, my Spotify folder is almost 6 GB big and I am not prem user.Why is this so big? Can I limit it somehow? Win 10C:\Users\trung\AppData\Local\Spotify

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  my Spotify folder is almost 6 GB big and I am not prem user. Why is this so big? Can I limit it somehow?    Win 10 C:\Users\trung\AppData\Local\Spotify  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist won't load

PlanFreeCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I can't create spotify playlist, it just shows it loading and it never ends.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I can't create  spotify playlist, it just shows it loading and it never ends.
  • BobJones8P
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Nevermind

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue nevermind

black.png black.png
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue                     &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Find Friends button not working.

PlanPremium Country USDeviceS9+Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe issue is why my find friends button isnt working. I noticed I forgot to verify my e-mail. So I did, and then it worked. Then I noticed it couldnt see any friends on the...

• Plan Premium  Country  US Device S9+ Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The issue is why my find friends button isnt working. I noticed I forgot to verify my ...
  • beezaj
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

How do I prevent Spotify from playing music I have not selected?

How do I prevent Spotify from playing music I have not added to the queue. I have disabled the "Autoplay" feature in settings, but when I view an artists page, and then press play on a specific album, Spotify adds the songs from that Album to my queu...

• Music Fan
  • How do I prevent Spotify from playing music I have not added to the queue.   I have disabled the "Autoplay" feature in settings, but when I view an artists page, and then press play on a speci...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop--cannot scroll down

Exactly what it says on the tin. I will get to my first page of songs and it will show a loading sign and never complete. This has happened before and it took weeks to fix.

• Regular
  • Exactly what it says on the tin. I will get to my first page of songs and it will show a loading sign and never complete. This has happened before and it took weeks to fix.
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File taking a long time to play

PlanPremiumCountry IsraelDeviceMSI GX63VR-1070Operating SystemWindows 10 1803 My Question or Issue For this one specific mp3 file, Spotify has a hard time playing in a playlist. When I try to play it from the Local Files tab, it plays fine. If it com...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Israel Device MSI GX63VR-1070 Operating System Windows 10 1803   My Question or Issue  For this one specific mp3 file, Spotify has a hard time p...
  • mendel3
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can I print out my Spotify playlists?

A question from a technically challenged person. I set up a number of spotify playlists for my wife's birthday. I want to be able to print the playlists so that I can give her the lists of songs. I can't figure out how to do that. Ctrl/P does not see...

• Music Fan
  • A question from a technically challenged person. I set up a number of spotify playlists for my wife's birthday. I want to be able to print the playlists so that I can give her the lists of songs. I c...
  • JennyL
  • Casual Listener
  • 183 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 183 replies
  • 14 likes

Saved Songs Not Showing Up

PlanPremiumCountry The United States of AmericaDeviceHP Notebook (Windows)Operating SystemWindows 8? IssueFor quite a while now (two weeks?) I have been experiencing a bug in which when I click on "Songs" in the "Your Library" category it will show a...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country  The United States of America Device HP Notebook (Windows) Operating System Windows 8?  Issue For quite a while now (two weeks?) I have been experienci...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • application
    bug
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Playlist Not Fully Loading in WebPlayer

I've seen posts with identical issues dating back years but none of the solutions that seemed to work periodically for others have not worked for me. I have a long playlist (about 400 songs) and it won't load fully, only about the first 100 or so son...

• Casual Listener
  • I've seen posts with identical issues dating back years but none of the solutions that seemed to work periodically for others have not worked for me. I have a long playlist (about 400 songs) and it w...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist help!

Hi music lovers! I need help getting back my playlist that I put songs in a very specific order on. I just downloaded the app vs using the browser and was trying to move the date added colum to swap in the song length (way more useful imo) and instea...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi music lovers! I need help getting back my playlist that I put songs in a very specific order on. I just downloaded the app vs using the browser and was trying to move the date added colum to ...
  • heavyish
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on my desktop lags when it is the active window. Why?

Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC (a gaming PC) Operating System Win 10 My Question or Issue This only started very recently, but now when I click on Spotify, making it the active window on my desktop, my computer lags heavily.It is like my re...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC (a gaming PC) Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue This only started very recently, but now when I click on Spotify, making...
  • TitusPolitus
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Active Window
    Lag
    stuttering
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Shuffle Play is Still Horribly Broken

Since 2014 as evidenced by multiple reports, shuffle play has been having issues with replaying the same tracks over and over and over again. What's the point of having a playlist of 200 songs if Spotify only plays 30 of them. I understand that Spoti...

• Since 2014 as evidenced by multiple reports, shuffle play has been having issues with replaying the same tracks over and over and over again. What's the point of having a playlist of 200 songs if Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Shuffle Algorithm
    Shuffle play
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Every song skips to the next track part way through being played.

PlanPremiumCountryUK DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe last few days, I have had a problem where the songs being played keep skipping to the next track. I can't get through more than about 30 seconds of each song.I've noticed...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The last few days, I have had a problem where the songs being played keep skipping to the n...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Error 18

Plan PremiumPaísArgentna DispositivoComputadora de escritorioSistema operativowindows 7 Mi pregunta o problema Hola necesito que me ayuden con un problema. Sin queres se me elimino spotify de la pc y al querer reinstalarlo me salta un error,erro 18 p...

• Plan  Premium País Argentna   Dispositivo Computadora de escritorio Sistema operativo windows 7   Mi pregunta o problema  Hola necesito que me ayuden con un problema. S...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Discovered On" section on artists profiles gone again..

Discovered On section on artists profiles gone again.. What's going on Spotify? They keep doing this periodilcally. I don't see how this is not intentional.

• Roadie
  •    Discovered On section on artists profiles gone again..  What's going on Spotify?  They keep doing this periodilcally. I don't see how this is not intentional. 
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple Error Messages and Crashing with Spotify Free (Windows 7)

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 I am running Spotify Free on a Desktop PC with Windows 7. About a month ago, I began getting error messages, along with other problems with always require re-starting the Spotify app. Incl...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 7   I am running Spotify Free on a Desktop PC with Windows 7.  About a month ago, I began getting error messages,...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes