Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • morefluff
  • Casual Listener
  • 217 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 217 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Newbie! How do I remove sources?

PlanPremiumCountry United KingdomDeviceLenovo Yoga 900Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I connected my laptop to a source (a hard drive with music on it) and now I cannot find how to unlike that source. I followed some threads here wher...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United Kingdom Device Lenovo Yoga 900 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I connected my laptop to a source (a hard drive with music on ...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Starred songs disappeared

When I opened Spotify on my Windows 10 computer today it asked me to log in which is unusual because I have my username and password memorised by the app. Then when I logged in I found most of my starred songs had disappeared with few exceptions. The...

• Casual Listener
  • When I opened Spotify on my Windows 10 computer today it asked me to log in which is unusual because I have my username and password memorised by the app. Then when I logged in I found most of my sta...
  • arkoudenia
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't view info, play songs or save songs from certain artists

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceOnePlus X + Windows 10 PCMy Question or Issue This is happening on both my android phone and my pc. I can't view the info tab, nor can I save songs, or play songs from Kero Kero Bonito. I've tried using a VPN to get around ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  UK Device OnePlus X + Windows 10 PC My Question or Issue  This is happening on both my android phone and my pc. I can't view the info tab, nor can I sav...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Import local files (artists/albums) to spotify library

Hi,I want to import my local files into my spotify account. I saw that I can add local folders as a source on spotify, and possibly create a playlist, however I have too many files to fit in a single playlist.What I would like to do is to add my loca...

•   Hi, I want to import my local files into my spotify account. I saw that I can add local folders as a source on spotify, and possibly create a playlist, however I have too many files to fit i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant log in - Error 51

My Spotify stated to only play offline a few days ago. I logged out and tried to log back in and I got an error code 51. Firewall is not blocking access and I have reinstalled. Any help PLEASE!!!!PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceDell LaptopOpera...

• My Spotify stated to only play offline a few days ago. I logged out and tried to log back in and I got an error code 51. Firewall is not blocking access and I have reinstalled. Any help PLEASE!!!! P...
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist randomingly playing one song that isnt in it

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePixel 2 and DesktopOperating SystemAndroid Pie and Windows 10My Question or Issue Every so often when listing to one of my playlists it will play "Storm by Polyphia" which is not in the playlist. I have tried to add a...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device Pixel 2 and Desktop Operating System Android Pie and Windows 10 My Question or Issue  Every so often when listing to one of my playlists it will pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't find dbghelp.dll

When I try to start Spotify there's an Error stating "cannot find 'dbghelp.dll'. Please, re-install this application." I've tried it multiple times, tried older versions and also tried to put the file in myself, nothing worked. I use Windows 10 but t...

image.png
  •     When I try to start Spotify there's an Error stating "cannot find 'dbghelp.dll'. Please, re-install this application."  I've tried it multiple times, tried older versions and al...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lokale Dateien laden nicht auf das Handy

Falls jemand sich noch die Zähne an den lokalen Dateien ausgebissen hat, hier vielleicht die Lösung:Erst das Problem:Die lokalen Datein sind zwar auf dem Rechner und auch in Spotify gespeichert, lassen sich aber nicht auf das Handy laden. Alles ander...

• Falls jemand sich noch die Zähne an den lokalen Dateien ausgebissen hat, hier vielleicht die Lösung: Erst das Problem: Die lokalen Datein sind zwar auf dem Rechner und auch in Spotify gespeichert, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Add to queue not working on desktop

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I'm not able to queue new songs for play. I'll right click to add to queue and Spotify will ignore my selection and go on playing whatever it had already queu...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I'm not able to queue new songs for play. I'll right click to add to queue an...
  • Rjcal
  • Casual Listener
  • 53 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 53 replies
  • 16 likes

[Desktop] No Album Pictures

PlanFreeCountry- USA Device- Windows 8.1 LaptopOperating System My Question or Issue I updated to 1.0.93 and I notice in the very bottom left hand corner where the song information is, I no longer have a picture of the album the song appears on. I am...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country- USA   Device- Windows 8.1 Laptop Operating System   My Question or Issue  I updated to 1.0.93 and I notice in the very bottom left hand corner where the song...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Shazzam and Spofify no longer partners??

I recently matched a song with my Shazzam app. A note then popped up stating that Shazzam was moving to apple, and provided an option to move or delete my Shazzam account. Does this mean that soon, I will not be able to synch my shazzam tracks to Spo...

• I recently matched a song with my Shazzam app. A note then popped up stating that Shazzam was moving to apple, and provided an option to move or delete my Shazzam account.   Does this mean tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Android Local Files greyed out

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung S8+Operating SystemNougatMy Question or Issue I've put songs from my PC onto my playlist and I've done everything i can to get them to sync to my android but nothing works. they are just greyed out on my phone, they w...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung S8+ Operating System Nougat My Question or Issue  I've put songs from my PC onto my playlist and I've done everything i can to get them to syn...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Importing iTunes playlists?

I use iTunes to manage my music library, but I import my playlists into Spotify to listen from there. I've been doing this fine for quite a while. This week however, when I added new music to iTunes and tried to import the new playlists, the option w...

• Regular
  • I use iTunes to manage my music library, but I import my playlists into Spotify to listen from there. I've been doing this fine for quite a while. This week however, when I added new music to iTunes ...
  • raspberrychucks
  • 30 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 5 likes

[Playlists] Sorting Options for List of Playlists

PlanFamilyCountry ArgentinaDevicePC, Cellphone, ChromecastOperating System Windows 7, Android My Question or IssueTengo una playlist, la ordeno alfabeticamente por título en la pc (en Android no puedo hacerlo o no encuentro el modo), le doy play desd...

• Regular
  • Plan Family Country  Argentina Device PC, Cellphone, Chromecast Operating System  Windows 7, Android   My Question or Issue Tengo una playlist, la ordeno alfabeticamente...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why is it no longer possible to sort by clicking a headline after a search?

PlanPremium(Family)Country SwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueBefore the most recent update it was possible to sort search results by clicking the headlines. What i really want is to be able to search for the m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium(Family) Country  Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Before the most recent update it was possible to sort search result...
  • Jorzy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Issue with following artists

- PlanPremium- CountryBrazil- DeviceSony Xperia XA - Android 7.0- Operating SystemDell - Windows 10 - IssueWhen I follow or unfollow an artist using the computer, the change is only applied afer closing the app to open again. When I unfollow, on the ...

• - Plan Premium - Country Brazil - Device Sony Xperia XA - Android 7.0 - Operating System Dell - Windows 10   - Issue When I follow or unfollow an artist using the computer, the change ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artists
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saying I'm Offline Constantly

I use a free plan, mainly because I listen to Spotify casually. I used to use it a while ago on my Samsung tablet, and I never had trouble with it. I downloaded it on my Windows 10 computer a couple of weeks ago. It was working fine for a while. Then...

• Casual Listener
  • I use a free plan, mainly because I listen to Spotify casually. I used to use it a while ago on my Samsung tablet, and I never had trouble with it.   I downloaded it on my Windows 10 computer ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Friend Feed not updating correctly

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows My Question or Issue Not really a serious bug, but if you're listening to artist A (let's say beethoven) and then queue up a song (let's say i'm blue (da ba dee)) by artist B (eiffel65), it'll show up in your friend...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue  Not really a serious bug, but if you're listening to artist A (let's say beethoven) and then queue up a song (let's say i...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution PSY - Gentleman

win7 psy gentleman dont opening but another all musics opening

• Visitor
  • win7 psy gentleman dont opening but another all musics opening
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Universal App for Windows 10 (UWP)

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question When I click the icon to open Spotify, it immediately begins an update, but it gets hung up and never finishes. Rebooting doesn’t help.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question  When I click the icon to open Spotify, it immediately begins an update, but it gets hun...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes