Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't go online

Spotify won't go online

Spotify desktop went offline this morning, my internet is working properly but I'm not able to open https://www.spotify.com/ .I have the same problem on my phone as well, using a proxy on desktop version has fixed the issue but now everything is slower than normal.

3 Replies

Hey! Sorry to hear you're having issues! If you haven't tried it already and are still having trouble, I think doing a clean uninstall might help!

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

This may have been temporary downtime, but if you're still having the problem the steps above should work!

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

I have already tried reinstalling and it, unfortunately, didn't solve the problem. But I think I found out what the problem is, I tried connecting to Spotify with a couple of other different internet ISPs and it worked perfectly, so I contacted my ISP. They say they don't know why I'm not able to connect to Spotify but adding a DNS helped me and now I access to Spotify I just hope DNS doesn't cause problems. Thank you anyway

Hope i don't get to flamed for Necro'ing this old post BUT, WHY does spotify do this? or rather whats happening behind this error?????

As someone else pointed out for me it was a DNS issue when i switched over to a VPN (which uses a different dns) im able to connect to spotify

Whats really strange is my phone using the same internet connection as my PC is able to connect without switching DNS servers, its only my PC that has to use a different DNS server to obtain "online" status in the app

Suggested posts