Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic 

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Hi i have problem with spotify, it won't install. I had problem with updating spotify so i tried the solution with copying these 2 files: spotify_installer-1.0.95.289.g342899da-15.exe, update.json but i didn't have the update folder in AppData/Local/Spotify so i unistalled spotify, downloaded the newest installer from spotify.com and the installer won't start. Any error codes won't pop up i only have loadig cursor for few seconds and after that nothing happens. Restarting my computer after the uninstall didn't help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify won't install - win 10

IguanaSetup
Community Legend

Hey, @MSL7 -

That's not cool!

Let's try out a clean reinstall of Spotify through the Windows Apps store.

Here are the instructions:

1. Go to the Control Panel.
  2. Click Programs and Features.
  3. Select Spotify in the list and click uninstall.
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
  5. On the Start search bar, type %AppData% and hit enter. This should open up the folder: C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming.
  6. Make sure there's no Spotify folder (C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Local\Spotify) left in AppData\Roaming. If the folder is still there, you can delete it.
  7. Please make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Local\Spotify as well.
  8. Install Spotify from the Windows Apps store.

Let me know how it goes :)

22 Replies

AdamSn0w
Casual Listener

Same problem here.. 

Limina
Casual Listener

Same here. No update folder. 

bensjo08

same here!

chuchoamezcua
Casual Listener

I have the exact same problem. Couldn't update to the latest version so I uninstalled it and now the installer won't run.

Magickx

Hey,

I had exactly the same problem. I couldn't update, so I uninstalled Spotify and downloaded the installer again.

The installer said it was downloading Spotify, but then it exited and nothing happened, no error message, nothing.

So I did a search for 'Spotify' on my PC and I deleted every folder I found. I also found in a temporary folder, a 'SpotifyFullSetup.exe' that was being downloaded each time I ran the installer. So I took it out of the temporary folder and ran the setup. This worked for me. I have the client installed and on the latest version.

Hope it helps! Best regards.

AdamSn0w
Casual Listener

It didn't help for me..  Someone else has a workaround?

chuchoamezcua
Casual Listener

You need to do what @Magickx said, BUT the issue seems to be with usernames that contain special characters. So, you need to create a new temporary folder in C:\ (outside the 'Users' folder), put there the 'SpotifyFullSetup.exe' file and run it from there. It worked for me!

MSL7
Casual Listener

And where exactly i can find the SpotifyFullSetup.exe file, i searched Spotify in windows it was searching for about 2 hours (it wasn't fully finished) and it didn't find any Spotify folders or files.

chuchoamezcua
Casual Listener

@MSL7 wrote:

And where exactly i can find the SpotifyFullSetup.exe file, i searched Spotify in windows it was searching for about 2 hours (it wasn't fully finished) and it didn't find any Spotify folders or files.

I think it's created when you run the installer you download from the Spotify site. Try installing it again and after it does nothing, search for 'Spotify' on your PC and it should appear in a temporary folder. Move that file to a new folder you create outside your username folder and it should work...

SUGGESTED POSTS