Premium

Country

England

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I open Spotify normally, and try to play any song, it will instantly skip to the next one, not actually playing anything. It skips all Spotify songs and only plays local files I have added to the playlists.

If I open in administrator mode it works perfectly fine though, which is why I'm so confused.

It also work perfectly fine on mobile and web player too.

3 Replies

Hey there @sovie!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community! We'll be happy to help you sort this out.

You could start with a clean reinstall with the steps here to make sure that all old files that might be causing trouble are gone.

It's also important that you re-download it from the Microsoft store.

Give your device a quick restart before you start the newly installed app.

In case the issue persists, we could also recommend trying to disable hardware acceleration:

1. Click Edit in the menu bar. Select Preferences.
  2. Scroll down and uncheck Hardware acceleration.
  3. Restart Spotify.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've tried all of this multiple times and the issue still hasn't resolved, it continues skipping through any song that isn't a local file unless I'm running spotify as an administartor

Same as OP except live in U.S.A.

I'm having the same problem. I have also followed these steps multiple times. The regular Spotify install was working perfectly a few days ago. The Windows Store version has the same issues.

Suggested posts