Spotify won't play on desktop or web player

Plan

Free

Country

uk

Operating System

windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't get any songs to play on my personal computer except ones which I already have downloaded. I have reinstalled multiple times, cleared cache etc, disabled hardware accelleration etc. It works fine on my work computer with the same account.

I've tried a new account, I've tried the windows 10 app and the web player, neither work.

Driving me crazy, any ideas?

Untitled.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Fixed with this:

Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)

go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open

When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.c127.0.0.1 website2.

Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0

If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them

Save your changes and restart Spotify

View solution in original post

3 Replies

That looks strange... Is it possible it's related to your internet connection? Sounds like it might be that since your downloaded music is still able to play. Keep me up to date!

I thought it might be too, I've tried disabling my VPN and ensuring that spotify is allowed through my firewall. Still nothing!
Marked as solution

Fixed with this:

Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)

go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open

When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.c127.0.0.1 website2.

Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0

If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them

Save your changes and restart Spotify

Suggested posts