Premium

Country

USA

Device

Inspiron 15 7000

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify desktop won't play songs not saved to my library. It works perfectly fine on my android and my iPad. It also works fine on Spotify web however I would prefer to use the desktop app. I had seen a previous post with a similar issue to this where the solution was to edit the hosts file, I have done so to no avail.

A previous post showed this video which pretty much sums up my experience

https://youtu.be/Qsnyp5x0CmY 

3 Replies

Hey @joelshirley,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

We can confirm the right team is aware of this behavior. They're currently looking into it in this thread, so we recommend having a look at it and try the suggestions we posted in its status. You can find the status at the top of the thread. Rest assured this is being investigated. 

We’d suggest adding your vote to it in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to the thread to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for the reply, I would also like to report that while using the desktop app it doesn't sync with my other devices. Previously I could control Spotify on my laptop with my phone or iPad, this is no longer the case as it only syncs my phone and iPad and my laptop is seemingly standalone. Of note none of these issues occur when using Spotify in the web browser.

Hey @joelshirley,

Thanks for getting back to us! 

Just to check, have you tried restarting your devices and your router to make sure everything is synced up?

In case you've checked and the Desktop app still doesn't work as expected, try performing a clean reinstall of the app. This should help you solve this. It'll also get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and fixes and will remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

Hope this helps.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts