Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

[Win10][BugReport] Speaker Icon disappears using Playlist Folder. (and annoying "bug")

So reporting a bug without authority seems impossible on your boards. I'll just post here and you can forward to whatever section. --- We use over 100 different playlists at my workplace, we decided to try out the folder option, but this is annoying ...

• Music Fan
  • So reporting a bug without authority seems impossible on your boards. I'll  just post here and you can forward to whatever section.  ---    We use over 100 different playlists ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently played in home menu dont update

Premium on windows 10My Question or IssueTitle. This has been going on for a month now. The playlist is up to date if I look at it in my library. Tried reinstalling, relogging, clearing cache. No Im not in private mode. Yes I have been listening to m...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium on windows 10 My Question or Issue Title. This has been going on for a month now. The playlist is up to date if I look at it in my library. Tried reinstalling, relogging, clearing cache. No...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop can't track recently played songs

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, build 9600) My Question or IssueSpotify Home "Recently played" shows the same songs and albums I listened to when I *first installed* the software. The app seems pat...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, build 9600)   My Question or Issue Spotify Home "Recently played" shows the same songs and a...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant log in to spotify. Firewall issues on pc mirosoft 7 ultimate

PlanFree/PremiumCountryPhilippinesDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Windows 7 ultimateMy Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country Philippines Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Windows 7 ultimate My Question ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to paste spotify links to a playlist?

Need a way to paste spotify links to a playlist, but ctrl-v doesnt seem to work nor does right clicking give a paste option on windows btw

• Casual Listener
  • Need a way to paste spotify links to a playlist, but ctrl-v doesnt seem to work nor does right clicking give a paste option   on windows btw
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How do you pause downloads on Windows 10?

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHow do I pause downloads on Windows 10 spotify app? I can only connect to my mobile hotspot and it is draining my data from having to download pretty much every day for ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue How do I pause downloads on Windows 10 spotify app? I can only connect to my mobile hotspot and it i...
  • Ver
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
    Download
    pause
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to change lyrics theme

CountryIndonesiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow do I change the theme of the lyric? cause on my screenshot you guys can see that it is black theme I wanna change the color brighter (sorry for bad English)

• Visitor
  •   Country Indonesia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How do I change the theme of the lyric? cause on my screenshot you guys can see that it is  b...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! No internet connection, error code: 4

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe Windows Store app won't connect, even though I'm logged into my account in the app (somehow). Did a clean install through the windows store, no luck. The web version works...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The Windows Store app won't connect, even though I'm logged into my account in the app (somehow).&n...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect doesnt work on the windows app

PlanFamily PremiumCountryTurkey DeviceMonster Tulpar T5 v19.1Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify Connect doesn't work on the windows app, but it works with the Spotify web player and my tablet. I tried reinstalling Spotify after de...

Ek Açıklama 2020-08-18 150120.png Ek Açıklama 2020-08-18 150058.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium Country Turkey   Device Monster Tulpar T5 v19.1 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify Connect doesn't work on the windows app, but it wor...
  • Ver
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Web player not showing podcast episodes - all podcasts showing same blank page

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceMultiple PC's and laptopsOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or IssueWeb player is showing a blank page when going to any podcast. The navigation bar on the left remains but the rest is the same as the image below.Tried diffe...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Multiple PC's and laptops Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue Web player is showing a blank page when going to any podcast. The navigation bar...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Connect a Device Reshuffles Playlist

When playing a playlist on the desktop with the shuffle option ON then using the "Connect a Device" to connect to a device (Amazon Echo) or back to the desktop, the playlist reshuffles replaying songs already played. It is not brought back to the beg...

• When playing a playlist on the desktop with the shuffle option ON then using the "Connect a Device" to connect to a device (Amazon Echo) or back to the desktop, the playlist reshuffles replaying song...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Musicxmatch font size is too big

Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue Hi guys, I'm really loving reading the lyrics while I listen to them, but the question is: why is the font so big? How can I resize it? And is it possible to have the full lyrics?

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue   Hi guys, I'm really loving reading the lyrics while I listen to them, but the question is: why is the font so big? How can I resi...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 16 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Adding art to local files

I am using Windows 10 Spotify and I added a song to my local files because Spotify doesn't have it but I can't find out how to add art to the song. Does anybody else know what to do?

• Regular
  • I am using Windows 10 Spotify and I added a song to my local files because Spotify doesn't have it but I can't find out how to add art to the song. Does anybody else know what to do?
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Skips songs and crashes when moving mouse

CountryBelgiumDeviceLenovo laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue After a while when i'm coming back on the computer, when i move the mouse, spotify stops playing and will skip songs very fast.. he just goes trough the playlist till th...

• Visitor
  •   Country Belgium Device Lenovo laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   After a while when i'm coming back on the computer, when i move the mouse, spotify...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify closing itself for almost the past 4 months

Plan(Family Premium)Country(Germany) Device(PC, OnePlus 2, OnePlus 5t)Operating System(Windows 10, Android 6, Android 10) My IssueMy spotify keeps crashing in online mode for the past 4 months almost. What happens is, if spotify starts in online mode...

• Music Fan
  • Plan (Family Premium) Country (Germany)  Device (PC, OnePlus 2, OnePlus 5t) Operating System (Windows 10, Android 6, Android 10)   My Issue My spotify keeps crashing in online mod...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium Crackling on Windows 10 only

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice / Operating SystemWindows 10 Desktop with Realtek sound on motherboard My Question or IssueI have tried seemingly everything for weeks with no resolution to Spotify crackling on my desktop. Both the app AND the web player c...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device / Operating System Windows 10 Desktop with Realtek sound on motherboard   My Question or Issue I have tried seemingly everything for weeks with no res...
  • heyitsbort
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • crackle
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Adding the music within a playlist to my library

PlanFree/PremiumCountryCanadaDeviceDesktop appOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI recently transferred my music library (nearly 10 000 songs) from Google Play into one big playlist. Is there an easy way for me to add the music therein to...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Canada Device Desktop app Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I recently transferred my music library (nearly 10 000 songs) from Google Play in...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution auto startup won't turn off

I've tried disabling it via spotify and on task manager, but they both say that auto startup is already disabled. I've also tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it which only temporarily fixed it until the next time I turned my laptop on- spotify l...

• I've tried disabling it via spotify and on task manager, but they both say that auto startup is already disabled. I've also tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it which only temporarily fixed it u...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Video player enhancements

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceLenovo LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueIs it possible to implement a medium video player size? I know there is full screen, but I don't often want full screen and the default size is a bit too small for m...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device Lenovo Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Is it possible to implement a medium video player size? I know there is full screen, but...
  • Waylen
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 29 likes
  • Interface
    video
  • 15 replies
  • 29 likes

Superuser Contribution Keep offline music after reinstalling Windows 10.

PlanPremiumCountrySouth AfricaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueCan I backup the offline music folder (or maybe every folder linked to the Spotify app) to a secondary drive so that when I reinstall Windows 10 I just move the fold...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country South Africa Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Can I backup the offline music folder (or maybe every folder linked to the Spotify app) t...
  • N-ichola-z
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes