Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

PC Spotify app collects all your regular files in "Downloads" directory !!! Why is it so ?

Hi,I'm using PC desktop Spotify version 1.1.1.348.g9064793a.I was investigating the issue related to constant high CPU usage and memory leak of Spotify app, and accidentally has noticed the strange thing:If you try to monitor the Spotify process via ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I'm using PC desktop Spotify version 1.1.1.348.g9064793a. I was investigating the issue related to constant high CPU usage and memory leak of Spotify app, and accidentally has noticed the stran...
  • S0und
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify sounds like a broken record?

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceWindows 10 PCMy Question or Issue Recently Spotify Desktop has been skipping and looping songs like a broken record. I have tried various listening devices to ensure that it is not my PC causing this. Why would Spotify sudd...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country  UK Device Windows 10 PC My Question or Issue  Recently Spotify Desktop has been skipping and looping songs like a broken record. I have tried various li...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution All songs greyed out

PlanFamily PremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktop AppOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAll the songs on my desktop app are greyed out. Previously, I wasn't able to login. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and then I was able to login, but no...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium Country USA Device Desktop App Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue All the songs on my desktop app are greyed out. Previously, I wasn't able to log...
  • Kiril
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

desktopu açamıyorum

spotify is responding diyor, defalarca silip yüklememe rağmen açılmıyor

• Visitor
  • spotify is responding diyor, defalarca silip yüklememe rağmen açılmıyor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect doesn't work between Windows PC and Android phone

PlanFreeCountryPolandDevicePC, Xiaomi POCO F1Operating SystemWindows 10, Android 11 (Lineage OS 18) My Question or IssueAfter ditching MIUI in favor of Lineage OS, Spotify Connect stopped working - on the PC it shows "unavailable to control". It stil...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Poland Device PC, Xiaomi POCO F1 Operating System Windows 10, Android 11 (Lineage OS 18)   My Question or Issue After ditching MIUI in favor of Lineage OS, Spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bug
    custom ROM
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs stuttering the first 7 seconds for like 3-4 times

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've been using the windows 10 app and noticed every song I've played before starts stuttering after 5-7 seconds a few times and then continues. I've done a cache removal, I've changed the temporary fold...

• Visitor
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've been using the windows 10 app and noticed every song I've played before starts stuttering after 5-7 seconds a few times and then conti...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution On spotify app on windows pc, mid song phrases will repeat itself 3x & then continue, please help

PlanDuo PremiumCountry DevicepcOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueWe are having an issue where mid song the music will repeat itself a few times and then continue, its almost as if its buffering or a scratched cd. It will be short, random ph...

• Visitor
  • Plan Duo Premium Country   Device pc Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue We are having an issue where mid song the music will repeat itself a few times and then contin...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] adding a song goes to bottom of the playlist

The new upgrade adds songs to the top of a playlist instead the bottom how it used to be. Please change this back! I queue up songs in my playlists and listen to them first in first out.

• Music Fan
  • The new upgrade adds songs to the top of a playlist instead the bottom how it used to be.  Please change this back!  I queue up songs in my playlists and listen to them first in first out.
  • muhmuhmaranda
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Discord status bugged

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceHP Pavilion x360Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 Home My Question or IssueSpotify application doesn't show status when playing a song but shows the status if I use the web version

•   Plan Free Country United States Device HP Pavilion x360 Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home   My Question or Issue Spotify application doesn't show status when playing a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Massive drops in Playlist Followers

I have a playlist that has been gaining consistent traction from spotify search rankings. However, over the past few months there has been multiple drops from 500-1500 followers in a single day. I heard it could be purging inactive members?

• I have a playlist that has been gaining consistent traction from spotify search rankings. However, over the past few months there has been multiple drops from 500-1500 followers in a single day. I he...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Right click menu not scrollable

PlanPremiumCountry DevicelaptopOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or IssueRight click menu is not scrollable. For example the Add to playlist menu, I have a lot of playlists and I cant see all of them.

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country   Device laptop Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue Right click menu is not scrollable. For example the Add to playlist menu, I have a lot of p...
  • goatpimp
  • Gig Goer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files only play .mp3, not .m4a

Hi all, I am pretty new to Spotify and generally much prefer it to Itunes so decided to import my Itunes library. Under local files I see all the tracks but th eonly ones that I can hear are the mp3s - m4a appear to be playing but I can't hear them. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, I am pretty new to Spotify and generally much prefer it to Itunes so decided to import my Itunes library.  Under local files I see all the tracks but th eonly ones that I can hear are th...
  • heriopl
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Still can't play local files on my phone

I can't play any local files from my laptop on my phone and I've tried everything. The local files do appear on my phone but they are greyed out even if I have them downloaded. I've toggled local files on in both my laptop and phone, I made sure that...

• Regular
  • I can't play any local files from my laptop on my phone and I've tried everything. The local files do appear on my phone but they are greyed out even if I have them downloaded. I've toggled local fil...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [SOLVED]Spotify hängt bei der ersten Sekunde

Seit ein paar Tagen, hängt bei mir Spotify bei 0 Sekunden und es werden Songs nicht mehr abgespielt. Sobald ich itunes öffne, startet die Wiedergabe in Spotify.....Wenn ich itunes wieder schließe, stoppt die Wiedergabe in Spotify... Oo Windows Sounds...

• Music Fan
  • Seit ein paar Tagen, hängt bei mir Spotify bei 0 Sekunden und es werden Songs nicht mehr abgespielt.   Sobald ich itunes öffne, startet die Wiedergabe in Spotify..... Wenn ich itunes wieder s...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Crashed Windows, Memory Dump included

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueMicrosoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22549.1000 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.D...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22549.1000 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Cor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Desktop app keeps muting itself periodically

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWin10 My Question or IssueSpotify desktop app is randomly muting itself a few times a day, often without me even being at my desk with my hands on any device, phone included. I'm unclear what the fix w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Desktop Operating System Win10   My Question or Issue Spotify desktop app is randomly muting itself a few times a day, often without me even being at my ...
  • OscarDC
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Playlists] Do not refresh the recomm. list (in a playlist) after switching off the lyrics

Please make the app not to refresh the recommended list anymore when I switch off the lyrics while listening to a song.Sometime I want to add some new recommended songs to a playlist and while listen to them, for some of them I open the lyrics. When ...

• Please make the app not to refresh the recommended list anymore when I switch off the lyrics while listening to a song. Sometime I want to add some new recommended songs to a playlist and while list...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New playlist does not contain default "Artist - Album" name

PlanPremiumCountryCzech RepublicDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen creating new playlist from an album, app does not use default "Artist name - Album name" format, instead picks only "Album name". This makes left panel confus...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Republic Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When creating new playlist from an album, app does not use default "Artist name - Album...
  • bobogu
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Adjustable synced lyrics

PlanFreeCountry Device(Lenovo Flex 14 )Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI think its nice to have the real time synced lyrics on spotify. However, on the windows app it is never synced up accurately, either its cut off to early or its ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country   Device (Lenovo Flex 14 ) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I think its nice to have the real time synced lyrics on spotify. However, on the ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution stuttering issue

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceThinkcentre M700Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuefor the past couple weeks, in the beginning 4-7 seconds of a song, it will choose one note, repeat it constantly, and then play the rest of the song just fine. ple...

•   Plan Free Country USA Device Thinkcentre M700 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue for the past couple weeks, in the beginning 4-7 seconds of a song, it will choo...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes