Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows app crashes repeatedly

Solved!

Windows app crashes repeatedly

For over a week now the Spotify Windows desktop app (both Windows store and downloaded from the website) continue to crash. Sometimes it is on launch of the program, sometimes it is after a few songs. When it does not crash on launch it seems to crash when song ends and a it starts to switch to a new song. I never used to have issues till recently and it has been very frustrating.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I resolved this on my computer. My issue was caused by the software PlayOn. I am not sure why Spotify was crashing due to that software, but the DMP file created by Spotify showed it crashing on PLVSource.dll which is part of PlayOn. Uninstalling PlayOn resolved it. This is not ideal, but at least workable.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @JMRikard

It appears that this was an Ongoing Issue a couple of months ago, and community moderators have verified that this problem was fixed.

I'm going to recommend performing a clean install of Spotify. The version you install is up to you, but I've had better luck over the years with the MS Store version.

Let me know how it goes!

Hey, thanks for the reply! I tried doing a clean install of both the Microsoft store version and the desktop version. I even went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify I could find, but still have the same issue. I saw the windows store version updated on the 19th but no change. 

Hey there @JMRikard

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We suggest that you disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software, and turn off VPN if in use.

It's also worth checking if the OS of your PC is up to date. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have the same issue. It is not resolved. This was the first time I installed Spotify, I have tried from both download and the MS Store, and neither worked. Not a great first experience. 

I currently am not running an anti-virus (windows defender is on but no other anti-virus), i do not run a VPN and I have the latest update of Windows 10.

Marked as solution

I resolved this on my computer. My issue was caused by the software PlayOn. I am not sure why Spotify was crashing due to that software, but the DMP file created by Spotify showed it crashing on PLVSource.dll which is part of PlayOn. Uninstalling PlayOn resolved it. This is not ideal, but at least workable.

Oh wow i actually have that software as well. Weird conflict. Good to know thanks!

Suggested posts