NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play with USB C Headphones

Spotify won't play with USB C Headphones

Plan

Premium/Family

Country

Netherlands

Device

Asus UX510; i5-7200U; 20GB RAM; Samsung USB-C 3.5mm jack adapter; Realtek HD Audio

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, since I bought my Galaxy S20 with USB C headpones, I'm using them too on my Windows laptop.

When I plug them in and start a playlist in Spotify the app says: "The Current song cannot be played". And it loops through all the songs in the playlist with this notification. 

Sometimes it works if I choose the build in Sound card in the taskbar, but most of the times I need to unplug the headphones, restart the Spotify app, start playing without the headphones attached, then if I plug in the headphones the music switches to my headphones. Also, if I leave them plugged in and restart the Spotify app it also doesn't work. Get the same error. 

It's not that big a problem, sometimes it's inconvience, but if I use this workaround it works just fine. 

But I don't think it is correct behaviour of the Spotify app. So just curious if this is a know problem and how to properly fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Jelle

1 Reply

Hey @Woozzz,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

It's a good idea to check if there are updates for the soundcard. We'd suggest you also give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues. 

Does the issue occur when you use the app on your phone while using the headphones? 

Keep us posted! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts