Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify won't work on my laptop

Spotify won't work on my laptop

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

Asus TUF A15

Operating System

Windows 10

I recently bought Spotify Premium for both my phone (android) and my laptop (windows 10), both signed in with the same account.

Now the issue is on my laptop, when using the app (tried both from Spotify official website and Microsoft store), the app is essentially broken, I can't play ANY songs whatsoever, when I click on my playlists, it marked that "Couldn't find playlist".
I tried ending task of the app, restarting my laptop, clean reinstalling the Spotify app multiple times, checking the firewalls and proxies, every single trouble shooting you can find online with NO avail whatsoever

Even tried opening Spotify web using incognito browser, the website works well UNTIL I sign in with my account, the suddenly it says "something went wrong, try reloading the page"

Meanwhile Spotify works with 0 Issues on my phone. Please help

1 Reply

Hey there!

What a weird problem! Let's try some things that may help fix this.

First, please be sure your Windows is up to date. Please check for and install any updates within Windows update.

Now, let's clear the cache and cookies from your browser. I will provide instructions for Chrome, but most browsers follow a very similar process.

1. Make sure you're on the newest version of Chrome. Click on the hamburger menu and go to Help > About Chrome.

Chrome will auto-update if there is one available.

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1675347735774.png

2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies. On the sidebar, on the same update page, click on Privacy and security, and Clear browsing data, 

Click on the advanced tab, and select Cookies, Cache, and Hosted app data with the time range set to all time.

kaworu_bloodpaw_1-1675347735779.png

3. Restart Chrome by clicking on the hamburger menu and clicking Exit.

kaworu_bloodpaw_2-1675347735780.png

Next, let's clear your Hosts file. Please follow these instructions.

Finally, let's clear temp files from Windows. Please type "cleanup" into your Windows search bar.

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1683290934835.png

Next, please click on "Clean up system files." The Disk Cleanup application will rescan your drive for temporary system files.

kaworu_bloodpaw_1-1683291014301.png

Then, please select all of the checkboxes, then click OK. Your temp. files will be removed.

After this, please Restart your system (do not click shutdown.)

Hopefully, these steps will fix your problem.

Let me know how it goes!

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

Suggested posts