Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

I can't find discover weekly in the web player.

I logged into my spotify account at work like I always do via the web player and discover weekly appears to be missing.

• Visitor
  • I logged into my spotify account at work like I always do via the web player and discover weekly appears to be missing.
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Showing unplayable songs

Why the option to show unplayable songs is missing in the settings? I can't search them in the app now. I can search them only when I use Google!

• Why the option to show unplayable songs is missing in the settings? I can't search them in the app now. I can search them only when I use Google!
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

liked list showing up just bugged out (i dunno)

PlanFree/PremiumCountryU.S.ADeviceASUS Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor some reason my liked list and library won't appear, and I've tried everything I can think of. Please help.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country U.S.A Device ASUS  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For some reason my liked list and library won't appear, and I've tried everything I...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution For some reason a bunch of my songs sound higher in pitch and sound like they have more of an echo??

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceAndroid AND Windows Desktop My Question or IssueFor some reason, a bunch of my songs (I can hear both these things the most in Remorse by Scattle) Sound a little higher pitched and it's really messing with me. if ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device Android AND Windows Desktop  My Question or Issue For some reason, a bunch of my songs (I can hear both these things the most in Remorse ...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Complaint

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesian DeviceLaptop (HP)Operating System(Windows 11) My Question or Issuedifferent profile photo on desktop apps with mobile apps

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesian   Device Laptop (HP) Operating System (Windows 11)   My Question or Issue different profile photo on desktop apps with mobile apps  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all playlists showing for users with MANY playlists

PlanPremiumCountry USDevice PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm listening to a playlist by "user" Particle Detector (or Sounds of Spotify). They have LOTS of playlists. On the desktop and the web UI, it's not listing all of their pla...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device  PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm listening to a playlist by "user" Particle Detector (or Sounds of Spotify). They...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I block an artist

I would wan't to block some artist or songs that have rapey moaning or something similar in them, is/ could this soon be a feature?

• Visitor
  • I would wan't to block some artist or songs that have rapey moaning or something similar in them, is/ could this soon be a feature?
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Application Not Responding

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindow 10 My Question or IssueThe spotify app on my PC is not responding, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but now I have a new issue, the app won't install, it says that the files are still being us...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Window 10   My Question or Issue The spotify app on my PC is not responding, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but now I have a...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows app unsynced and inconsistent.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceAcer laptopOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueI just redownloaded Spotify and the desktop app has been running awfully. The only time a song will play is if it's put in a playlist.The mobile app and we...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Acer laptop Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue I just redownloaded Spotify and the desktop app has been running awfully. The o...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't queue songs while connected to another device using spotify connect

I've noticed recently that I'm not able to add songs to the queue from my computer while I'm listening on my phone. I can change songs but not add to the queue.If I change what device I'm listening from to my computer instead of my phone, I'm able to...

• Casual Listener
  • I've noticed recently that I'm not able to add songs to the queue from my computer while I'm listening on my phone. I can change songs but not add to the queue. If I change what device I'm listening...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Favorites, library and green hearts

Why do I suddenly have a green heart on most songs in my playlist? This happened suddenly after last Spotify update. The normal thing is to get a green filled heart next to a song in any of my playlists IF the song is from an ALBUM that I have saved ...

• Music Fan
  • Why do I suddenly have a green heart on most songs in my playlist? This happened suddenly after last Spotify update. The normal thing is to get a green filled heart next to a song in any of my playli...
  • Greggy300
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution yo I need to sort songs after popularity

In the "old" version of spotify I could search for songs and then sort them after popularity - why can't I do that anymore? It was the way I heard music all day - searching for artist and just listen to the top songs (and not the top songs on their "...

• Casual Listener
  • In the "old" version of spotify I could search for songs and then sort them after popularity - why can't I do that anymore? It was the way I heard music all day - searching for artist and just listen...
  • merihcobanmc
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution clear recently playd music

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Norway Devicepc and samsung s10Operating Systemandroid and windows 11 My Question or Issuei cant delete/clear my recently playd music . There is no option when clicking on the song/album i want to delete/clear from the home pa...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Norway   Device pc and samsung s10 Operating System android and windows 11   My Question or Issue i cant delete/clear my  recently playd music ...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Where is the "Don't play this song" on PC Windows app ?

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 11App VersionSpotify pour Windows1.1.96.785.g464c973a My Question or IssueHi, Unlike the app on android, there is no longer the option to "Don't play this artist (or song)" on the PC app.Only pl...

spot1.png spot2.png
  • Plan Premium Country France Device PC Operating System Windows 11 App Version Spotify  pour Windows 1.1.96.785.g464c973a   My Question or Issue Hi,    Unlike the ap...
  • MihailY
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Pinned Tile on Windows 10

PlanPremiumDeviceLenovo Yoga Slim 7Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI pinned Spotify's icon to the tiles view in Windows 10's start menu. I could resize the icon to a Large option until a few months ago, but now only the Small and Mediu...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I pinned Spotify's icon to the tiles view in Windows 10's start menu. I could resize the icon to...
  • Chetan19
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop (Windows)
    Windows 10 Application
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily intros show up in mixes

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIt seems like the daily intros (Daily Drive, Daily Sports, etc.) can show up in one's personalized mixes, when I think 100% of people wouldn't want this behavior. Th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue It seems like the daily intros (Daily Drive, Daily Sports, etc.) can show up in on...
  • casperslide
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • chill-mix
    mixes
    Potential Bug
    potential-bug
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

cant move songs in my play list around

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • JBayudz
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Friends' listening activity is not showing up.

I've already tried following the FAQ regarding this but my friends listening activity are not showing anymore than it used to.

• I've already tried following the FAQ regarding this but my friends listening activity are not showing anymore than it used to.
  • ooleebs1
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify APP on Win 10 doesn't play searched songs. This just makes the app not functional.

PlanPremiumCountrhyMexicoDeviceDesktop AppOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueI have seen a lot of claims of this, Desktop app doesn't play searched songs.I am using the latest version of the app.Is there a real solution for this ? can yo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Countrhy Mexico Device Desktop App Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have seen a lot of claims of this, Desktop app doesn't play searched songs. ...
  • musicman369
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes