Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! Can't open Spotify App on Windows 10

PlanPremiumCountryHong KongDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOn startup Spotify shows an error like this. I have tried reinstalling and it worked for 5 minutes. Then it went back to this error when i quit and reopened Spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue On startup Spotify shows an error like this. I have tried reinstalling and it worked for 5 m...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist section is too small to view

PlanPremiumCountryIsrael Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAs seen in the screenshot, I can hardly see what's in the playlist, making it impossible to use.I'm using 200% on the ease of access in Windows 10. But I need it in order to see ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Israel   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue As seen in the screenshot, I can hardly see what's in the playlist, making it impossible to use. I...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify playing random songs

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueToday Spotify started playing random songs on the desktop app, I thought the account had been compromised so I changed the password and forced log out on all devices.Once I logg...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Today Spotify started playing random songs on the desktop app, I thought the account had been compromised...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    errors
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify local files album art duplicating

Plan: Premium Country: Canada Device: ThinkPad x390 Operating System: Windows 10 My Question or Issue:So I was using tagscanner to put album art on my local files, and when I loaded the files into spotify there was a problem: files with the same arti...

• Plan:  Premium   Country: Canada   Device:  ThinkPad x390   Operating System:  Windows 10   My Question or Issue: So I was using tagscanner to put ...
  • Alex
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify sound lowers with other sounds

I've had this issue for a little while now, it's not my control panel sound settings, all are set to no exclusive control, and no dimming of any kind. never found a spotify setting for this. communications is set to do nothing every time a person tal...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had this issue for a little while now, it's not my control panel sound settings, all are set to no exclusive control, and no dimming of any kind. never found a spotify setting for this. communic...
  • Alex
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Show desktop overlay setting doesn't appear

PlanPremiumCountryColombiaDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueThe option "Show desktop overlay when using media keys" doesn't show in the settings. I want to configure Spotify to don't show the multimedia overlay.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Colombia Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue The option "Show desktop overlay when using media keys" doesn't show in the setti...
  • DAdamelli
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Export Playlist Info to Excel

I have managed to put song titles and artists to an Excel chart. However, it did not include the song times. Is there a way to get export the times? USAFamily PlanDesktop Windows 7

• Visitor
  • I have managed to put song titles and artists to an Excel chart. However, it did not include the song times. Is there a way to get export the times?   USA Family Plan Desktop  Window...
  • Alex
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution WiFi connection problems

PlanPremiumCountryScotland DeviceDell laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Scotland   Device Dell laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  
  • Alex
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop Not Recognizing Any Local Files

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceHP PavilionOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello,I have a new computer. Spotify will not recognize any of my local files on the desktop version, which are only about a dozen at this point.Here's what I've tr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device HP Pavilion Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello, I have a new computer. Spotify will not recognize any of my local files o...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Local files no longer linked

I recently discovered that spotify (Windows desktop version) could browse my local files and if they existed on spotify I could click on the song/artist/album and be taken to the page, where I could follow/add etc. I was happily making my way through...

• I recently discovered that spotify (Windows desktop version) could browse my local files and if they existed on spotify I could click on the song/artist/album and be taken to the page, where I could ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Pasting song URIs not working

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceWindows computerOperating SystemWindows 10 I am using the desktop Spotify program downloaded from here: https://www.spotify.com/us/download/windows/b/ My Question or IssueI am trying to remove duplicates from a very large pla...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Windows computer Operating System Windows 10   I am using the desktop Spotify program downloaded from here: https://www.spotify.com/us/download/w...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Format of album links

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueI use the Spotify desktop app. When I copy an album link to the Windows clipboard, it used to have the format "spotify:album:(...)", so that using this link l...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue I use the Spotify desktop app. When I copy an album link to the Windows clipboard,...
  • tomriddle
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Wrapped Comparison

Not sure if this is the correct forum, so I apologize if it isn't. I remember in years past being able to compare the current year's stats with previous years' stats (i.e. how many minutes you listened this year compared to other years). I am unable ...

• Gig Goer
  • Not sure if this is the correct forum, so I apologize if it isn't. I remember in years past being able to compare the current year's stats with previous years' stats (i.e. how many minutes you listen...
  • Alex
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity Not Synced Correctly

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhile on Discord with a friend who is on my Friend Activity list, we discovered that the Friend Activity List was 1 song behind, as he was listening to his current...

1.png 2.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue While on Discord with a friend who is on my Friend Activity list, we discovered that th...
  • TreyAnastasio
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify app for Windows 10 (PC) no longer working. Multiple attempts to uninstall and reinstall...

Hello. The Windows app for PC is no longer working after multiple attempts to uninstall/reinstall. Nothing but a black screen once downloaded. Spotify Premium user. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Music Fan
  • Hello. The Windows app for PC is no longer working after multiple attempts to uninstall/reinstall. Nothing but a black screen once downloaded. Spotify Premium user. Any help would be greatly apprecia...
  • BellaK_396
  • Rising Star 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random songs at the bottom of my liked songs

As you can see from the below image, when I scroll down to the beginning of my liked songs, there are three songs that do not have a timestamp for when they were added and were not there previously. Does anyone know why this is and how it happened?Pl...

TDIG_Phil_121_0-1607749383266.png
  • Regular
  • As you can see from the below image, when I scroll down to the beginning of my liked songs, there are three songs that do not have a timestamp for when they were added and were not there previously. ...
  • Ver
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Web app won't open

Whenever I try to open up the web app it tells me there's a serve errorI have already cleared my cache and tried every browser on my computer and an incognito window with no successI cannot download or use the app currently because of some issues on ...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to open up the web app it tells me there's a serve error I have already cleared my cache and tried every browser on my computer and an incognito window with no success I cannot down...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows Script Host Error

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDevice(Dell Laptop)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhenever I open the Desktop App, I get hit with an error as shown in the image belowI have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times, even uni...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country India Device (Dell Laptop) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Whenever I open the Desktop App, I get hit with an error as shown in the image belo...
  • BellaK_396
  • Rising Star 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music Keeps Pausing Every 2-4 Seconds.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 running spotify thru UWP My Question or IssueMy music keeps pausing every 2-4 seconds. Tried reinstalling logging out, no other devices do this.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 running spotify thru UWP   My Question or Issue My music keeps pausing every 2-4 seconds. Tried reinstalling logging...
  • Jeremy
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution "New Desktop Experience" How to Find Clean Album Version

Last month I received the awful "New Desktop Experience" upgrade. Among the many missing or broken features, I am no longer able to find clean versions of albums. Previous versions of the desktop app you were able to find these by doing the following...

• Regular
  • Last month I received the awful "New Desktop Experience" upgrade.  Among the many missing or broken features, I am no longer able to find clean versions of albums.  Previous versions of the...
  • Jeremy
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes