Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting a song, short loop in the beginning (windows desktop)

Starting a song, short loop in the beginning (windows desktop)

Plan

Free

Country

Germany

Device

Windows PC, Desktop App (exe)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When i launch the program and start a song right away, it will start playing for 2-3 seconds and then i get a loop and second 2-3 are played again, but the song will not start  completely from the beginning, then it plays normally and so do all songs afterwards.

except if i choose another playlist for example and start another song manually, then it will happen again.

but also not always, sometimes it works sometimes not.

never seen this problem before, until i updated the porgram today.

is this a known issue? i couldnt find anything.

thanks

316 Replies

its been happening to me and im going crazy, its from 4-6 seconds when it repeats it several times il try to do something and let you know if i fixed it

I think the directory is at %appdata% and revert to Appdata folder and go to Local folder then search for pacakage. After doing that, you may found a folder name "Spotify...." (Location of the folder, pls check your spotify settings) and delete it. After deleting, your spotify will be logged out but after you log in, it will be fixed I think

There Currently No Fix I've been so Fed-up with it So I've Transferred to YouTube Music ill stay posted

press win+r
type "%LocalAppData%\Spotify" and press enter

then delete the data folder

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

dont know if its tempory havent used it for long enough however it fixed the issue at the moment

I am having the exact same issue. Spotify is skipping/repeating/looping the beginning second of songs when I play them.
Windows 10 
Spotify premium 

Version 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c

Began after the recent update

Re-install does not fix.

VIDEO OF ISSUE: https://youtube.com/shorts/9ktxZJIodG4?feature=share

yeah, tried that. only worked for about one song's length, then went right back to skipping.

i suppose me using the repeat x1 feature doesn't help things, but then again it's never reacted to that feature before.

its really annoying, but i love it when im playing Bike by pink floyd.

Please Fix this issue. It getting so annoying now. Its been month from my side. Please

Didn't seem like anyone else had provided a recording yet and I just found this thread after a good few weeks of frustration. However, after recording a video of the glitch, I've discovered it's too great a file size to upload - the file is ~12 MB and the limit is 5 MB. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I realised I could just upload it to YT and provide a link, but I've also found another user has done so already, so I'll leave it

@unclerk

The link is not working- it redirects me to an empty page.

DO NOT download strange files that claim to be spotify updates from anywhere other than an official spotify source. there is no way to verify the integrity of those downloads.

my only question here is why anyone decided "i'm gonna download sus files from an excel document" was a good idea to start with.

as of today's official update (Windows 1.1.83.956.gbe7ea9a7) the issue is finally fixed for me, update your clients everyone who didnt do that yet, it should be fine now.

how does one update the client? official spotify says to click on the blue dot menu but there's none for me :']

My W10 updated itself last night and today i have had no skipping so far..  hope it will last *fingers crossed*

no idea, the dot should be where your username is in app (upper right corner) are you on newest windows 11? You can also try reinstalling and see if it updates to the newest version, I dont know if it depends on your location, im from eu, but i dont think it matters.

I'm just going to stay on the Spotify web player in Edge at this point since it takes less memory there than having the two programs open.
Quick side note I find it funny how confident the poster with the sus link is. Never mind the several grammatical errors.

😞

this happened after i closed my laptop and the song looped and would not pause/stop even after i closed the spotify app, i am using windows 11, this is clearly a desktop problem, i hope it gets fixed

It might stop when you turn private session in options but I'm not 100% sure 

Suggested posts