NEXT STEP

The playlist keeps starting over

The playlist keeps starting over

Plan

Free

Operating System

Windows 10

My Issue

No matter what song i start under "Liked Songs" the playlist starts over as soon as the song ends. I've tried to close the application and I tried to restart my computer, but the same thing keeps happening. How kan I stop it from happening?

7 Replies

Hey there @Vanessa0311

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the relevant device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I have Spotify Premium. I like to listen to certain playlists when going to sleep. However, lately after last song has played, the playlist starts playing again from the beginning. Hence, the music plays forever!  How do I get back to playing one playlist once only?

I did a clean reinstall according to the suggestion on one of these threads and it worked fine for a while. But then the error just came back. It totally ruined my whole experience, I'm a premium member and this problem keeping coming and going over and over again. It's getting really annoying. I'm starting to hate the song on the top of my "Liked Songs" list cause it just keeps repeating when I listen to a song further down in the playlist. Can you please fix this, a clean reinstall does NOT work permanently, I think it might a problem with the code because the same thing happens on mobile. 

I am having the same issue and it’s totally pissing me off. I am hoping it gets fixed soon or I am thinking about dropping premium. 

This has been bothering the sh!t out of me for a while now. I was able to fix this by simply toggling off the repeat button. If you go down to the controls (on any device), to the right of the skip button is the repeat button. If it is green with a dot below or green with a dot and a 1 above, press it until the repeat button has been greyed out. This should resolve your issue.

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 9.39.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 9.39.43 AM.png

Thanks for your feedback.

Maureen

Hey all,

Just jumping in here to double check if you still experience this issue. 

We currently have an Ongoing Issue for this, so in case this is still happening to you, we'd recommend heading here and following the instructions in the Status Update.

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout if there's anything else you need help with.

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts