Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This song is not available... issue

Solved!

This song is not available... issue

Hi there,

I'm using a HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook, X86, W7. A few days ago I updated my Spoitfy version to 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6. Everything was fine until tonight. I can't play a single song any more. All I get is an error message saying: "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." Everything's fine with my internet connection, I haven't made any changes to the app settings or the PC itself etc. 

I googeled the problem and changed the application back to an older version but the problem persists. 

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@moloko1 hey there,

here are some useful troubleshooting steps that resolve most playback issues:

• first i'd suggest you uninstall the app, restart your device(s) and then re-install.
  • next, you can sign out of all devices here.
  • clear the cache for the app.
  • i would suggest a fresh re-install of flash which you can do here.
  • check your firewall settings to see if spotify is blocked - turning off your antivirus briefly can isolate that issue.
  • try listening on a different device to see if the same problem occurs.

let me know if that helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

@moloko1 hey there,

here are some useful troubleshooting steps that resolve most playback issues:

• first i'd suggest you uninstall the app, restart your device(s) and then re-install.
  • next, you can sign out of all devices here.
  • clear the cache for the app.
  • i would suggest a fresh re-install of flash which you can do here.
  • check your firewall settings to see if spotify is blocked - turning off your antivirus briefly can isolate that issue.
  • try listening on a different device to see if the same problem occurs.

let me know if that helps!

Hello,

thank you for your response @crematedman. 

Yes, I did that. First time I tried, nothing changed. I didn't give up and ended up uninstalling, re-installing and using CCleaner 3 times. Now it seems to be working. We'll see. 🙂

@moloko1 often times, a clean re-install and retsarting your device helps, other times it's clearing the cache that makes the difference

glad to hear it helped!

Suggested posts